Introducing myself

Amber, Just remember that your nanny will always be with you...as long as you hold her in your heart and memories. My Mom was just recently diagnosed with NSCLC stage 3A and I pray that we make it through each day. A very wise friend of mine told me that it is best to take life one day at a time, so I wake up each morning and see what it's going to bring..some have been really good for Mom and some have not been so good. I've received so much good information on this site and have been so touched by all of the wonderful support from the kind people who respond to me. Please remember that we're all here for you and are always willing to listen and read everything you need to say. My best to you and your nanny. Love, susan

Amber, I've been away from the boards for a few days and was so glad to hear Nanny is coming home. Hope you get your truck fixed quickly so you can continue spending time with her. I know this isn't easy for you but it warms my heart to hear a more positive tone in your posts. But of course it's o.k. either way. I am happy to hear from you.

Judy in Key West

There hasn't been anything new to update on. Nanny has been going through her radiation each day and getting more and more tired as each day passes by. Her hair is starting to fall out but we already have her wig so when it comes time she has it. Truck still isn't fixed...it's been raining every day here so my dad and boyfriend haven't been able to work on it yet. This weekend my boyrfriend (scott) and I will be going out to see Nanny and spend the day with her. I can't wait to see her. I'll update more if I find anything else out.

So this past Saturday Scott drove me out to spend the day with my Nanny. She was very tired from all the people that came to see her...at least she knows she is well loved! So everyone called it an early day so she could get some rest.

My truck is finally fixed so I was able to drive out to my aunt's house today to spend the next three days here helping take care of my Nanny so my aunt can get some rest which I will be doing each week. The mood swings that Nanny is going through is a little hard to deal with. I know it "isn't her" when she snaps at me but you can't help but get a little hurt when it does happen....then the very next minute she is telling you she loves you. I guess I just have to take the good with the good and ignore the bad.

Well, I'm on the midnight shift as far as helping out so I'm going to go check on Nanny. Talk to you all soon and hope you are all doing well! Lots of love...

Amber

Well, Nanny is back in the hospital. She's having a really hard time swallowing anything, she's dehydrated and very weak. Her Coumadin is at 11! Which as you all know is waaaaay too high. She has been admitted to the hospital and we really dont know much as of right now. I will update sometime on Monday after we talk to the dr's.

By the way...we all made it through T.S. Fay ok. The wind has been kind of nutty and the rain makes it interesting trying to get back and forth to the hospital doing 30 MPH.

Hi Amber. Sorry to hear your nanny is having a hard time and is in the hospital. But hopefully they can make her more comfortable there and help her.

Glad to hear you weathered the storm ok.

Continued prayers for your nanny, you and your family.

Sandra

Amber,

Sorry Nanny is back in the hospital. I know she doesn't want to be there and the traveling back and forth is always hard on the family. Hopefully they will get her stabilized and she'll be back soon.

We weather the storm o.k. in Key West too am glad you all did. You may have had "weather" longer than we did though.

Judy in Key West

Well I was supposed to be going to Texas this weekend with Scott to see his family but my aunt called me this morning and said I probably needed to cancel my trip...here's what is happening...

Nanny was brought home from the hospital yesterday by ambulance. The dr's have taken her off all her medications. No more Dr's appointments, no more radiation, no more scans and no more blood tests. Her body has given up and everything they were trying was just making her worse. Yesterday all she ate was one bite of an egg and a couple sips of Boost. The Dr's said not to force her to eat anything because of the swelling in her throaght. My family is flying in from Washington because at this point it is no longer a matter of months. It's now looking like it could be any day. Nanny was saying last night that she talked to my Uncle Jean and he was coming to see her...He passed away before I was even born. We are starting the planning for her memorial service and trying to prepare ourselves but how do you prepare for something like this...it's just too much too soon. I never expected it to go this quickly. :cry:

Am so sorry to hear about Nanny's turn for the worse. You and Scott must also be disappointed about your trip; that's o.k. As someone who lost loved ones after long bouts with cancer, I assure you that down the line you will be grateful for Nanny's sake that it was quick. It's just so hard right now because it requires you to adjust emotionally sooner than you'd hope. We are all here for you in whatever way you need us.

Judy in Key West

Hi there. I am so sorry to hear what you are going through right now. It has all happened so quickly and I cannot even imagine how all of you are feeling. I hope your nanny is comfortable and that she has some good days ahead to spend with her family. Prayers and positive thoughts for you, your family and your nanny at this difficult time.

Sandra