The bus stopped here...

Snowflake

Bruce has pointed out that I haven't been posting often, so for punishment, I'll be driving the bus. Please watch your step, and note the custom paint job. I wouldn't want anyone to get lost on their way back from a rest stop...

353218989_f1be61de0f_m.jpg

Unfortunately, we are starting late because I had to have the snow tires put back on! Darn this snow! I'm going to swing down and pick up RY and Joe, then heading toward Debi. Who's next?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's wonderful news, Snow. I was so afraid that Patti would be driving. Do, however, stop to pick her up in Northern Ohio before going on to get Debi. I'm in central Florida. Probably best if you go south from Michigan to FL, then to the western states and Canada.

It sounds as though you expect to have some control over things. Better you than me. It's a strange group - the cow, the herding dog, that dog on top of the keg, Denise and Jayla, Randy, the list goes on and on. Will you be setting any standards re: who can board the bus? I'm referring to things such as limitations on the number of legs, feet, and teeth per "individual."

And, where are we going? I have not yet visited Arkansas, Oregon, Washington state, Idaho, Montana, South Dakota or most of Canada. Any (or some) of those locations would be fun.

How about a theme for this trip? Sorry, but I don't have any suggestions.

I'm really looking forward to a trip on that newly painted keg bus.

Muriel

PS. What kind of beer are we drinking? Will we have wine or other beverages? And snacks. Maybe we need a committee to work on this.

That's more like it Becky !!!! I really like the rack on the roof. Anyone misbehaving, you know where you're sitting. They will be picking bugs out of their teeth until July. I can see a few of our good time gang up there already.

Nice that you already have the snow tires on.

After the member pick up, I'm all for heading south, who's up for visiting Judy in Key West? A little bit of sunshine and ocean breezes - grab your bikinis, ladies! (Hey, if I can drive a crazy bus, I can pull off wearing a bikini! LOL)

Ready to roll here too. I am packed as well. The driver will need to stop for me this time. I don't think I have the strength to grab the hook this time. Jayla is packed too. She is older now and can handle longer trips. She also know's a lot more songs then Patty Cake now and can cut a CD if needed for entertainment.

Where is the bus pulling out from now anyway? I am assuming from Michigan.

Denise

Hi Snowflake. This will be my first keg bus trip (if I'm allowed on, that is)! Could you please swing by here (downtown Philly) when you pick up Kasey and Ginny? I'd like to bring my dog Misty -- true, she's got 4 legs and a bunch of teeth but she's small, smaller even than little Jayla. And also very sweet. And she also sings. :wink:

Looking forward to this! :D:D:D

Ellen

That's a good decision, Bruce. Does that mean you'll wear more or less? You weren't very specific.

As for your destination, Becky. Key West sounds fine to me. Hope you're not afraid of long, long bridges. (After that bridge in Minneapolis collapsed a couple years ago, I'm not too comfortable about that.) If Judy doesn't have room for all of us, will we just continue sleeping on the bus, or look for a motel/hotel?

So glad Jayla can sing more songs this year. Can she sing on tune yet? Denise, I'm glad you insisted that Snow stop for you this year. It was foolish to think that you could just "jump" on the bus.

Lynn in Space City probably wants to join us on this trip. Hope so. She's just a little east of where I am. I dare you to find Space City on a Florida map!

Muriel

Oh wow. This trip sounds like so much fun. Sounds like it will be awhile until you get down my way though so I will be patient! Just make sure the bus gets a good cleaning at some point as I am sure much frivolity will take place. The bus sounds like it is in very good hands with you Becky! Thanks for volunteering to drive.

Those of you who think it will take a while to get to Florida with all these stops obviously do not know my driving... ;)

Where will you be, Bruce? Can you dog sled it down to the border, or do we all need to bring our passports? Also, I know from experience that I cannot bring a firearm into your country easily and I'm not going into the wilderness without one! I always have my big flashlight and my Louisville Slugger, but for packs of wolves and stupid moose, I'd rather have something that can be used from a distance. After all, there's all these tasty house pets to protect!

Is Bruce the farthest north? How far east and west are we headed? I'm really chomping the bit on turning this bus south and into the warmth - I may even drive barefoot! Will paint my toenails at the first rest stop.

Well Becky, to save time, maybe I will dogsled south, meet up with sandra, and we will catch the Keg Bus at the border. I am a little concerned how you know from experience that you cannot bring firearms across the border ???? LOL

Muriel you will just have to wait and see if I wer=ar more or less. LOL

Okay Bruce. We can meet up and save Becky some driving. Becky, if Bruce is with me I should be able to get him across the border safely and save you the trouble of dealing with our pesky border patrol. I will make sure he behaves and is dressed appropriately. Never mind your firearms, the crew you will have on board could cause you many delays and we don't want to slow you down!

I will bring some real Canadian beer over the border! Bruce can you mix up a batch of moose jerky please...I think I heard a call for snacks!

It will take us a few days to meet up but we will let you know when we are ready for pick up!

Safe driving until then...make sure that nail polish is dry on your toes before you start up again!

Listen Mr. Bruce!! You are making a strong bid for being the first roof rack inhabitant! So be sure to pack your tooth floss!

Please let's just focus on getting across the border without any trouble and then we can let loose in the USA. Don't worry everyone, I am a tough woman and can handle any trouble he might bring. I will obviously be exhausted though by the time we get through the border so will be turning over looking after Bruce once we make it safely across!

Any takers? Lynn, you will be on board right? I know you to be a strong woman so will be looking for your assistance.

All aboard the crazy lc keg bus! The more the merrier!

Becky Snowflake....you better not forget me on this trip. You can definitely pick me up on the way to Key West. Larry's Wife would be just about an hour north of me. Muriel isn't far from us, either. Oh....this is going to be such fun!!! Only one problem...us Florida gals won't be on the bus long enough if we're just going to Key West. Where's the bus headed after we leave the Keys????

Sandra, no worries! I've got your back. I'll pack an extra roll of duct tape just in case Bruce goes "squirrely" on us. He can feed my kitty up on the roof rack so Muriel doesn't sneeze.

Ann, how do you feel about heading on over to Hawaii to visit Ned? Warm and exotic!

The keg bus should fit on the ark for the ocean crossing. It is still sea-worthy, isn't it?

Bruce, I learned some things about driving from my grandmother. I can keep my speed up, my eyes on the road and swing my left arm over the seat back and knock that look off a teasing child's face, so don't think you're going to get away with too much.

I'd suggest you wear a bit more. I've been experiencing the occasional hot flash and will probably have the A/C cranked. Cold air leads to embarrassment for nekid boys... :shock:

Lessee....after Key West...have ya'll seen "Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang"? I'll just pop the ol' floaters out on the bus and we'll take us a Caribbean cruise! On the way for some Jamaican rum to wash down our Key Lime pie!

Side note: I know about the firearms deal at the border, I drove to Alaska and was behind someone trying to cross the border with a crap load of huntin' gear.... Looked like their two Land Rovers were really getting worked over by the border guards.

Looks like there's a bit of pirate activity in another ocean, we should definitely be armed in Black Beard's territory, not taking any chances!

Sure am glad I packed my Margarita maker! We'll drive 24/7 until we reach Florida, so I will need to switch off and get some sleep. Who's game for the second driving shift?

Well it looks like I'll be watched 24/7 on both sides of the border. And Becky I am skeered of your backhand so maybe I will take Sandra up on her offer of the roof rack. No worries about cranking the A/C Becky. April is a loooong month. And if you haven't seen the calender that Patti and Shelli did, oh well.... LOL

where's my buddy Randy ? So far it is me and all you ladies....

( now this is a " Just For Fun " post )

Oh my, my hubby came home and distracted me and I almost missed the boat--I mean bus. Come oooonnnn down! I'll be waiting tomorrow with all the info you need for a great time in Key West until we take off again. I love that Chitty Chitty Bang Bang thing!

WoooooHoooo.

Judy in Key West

Hawaii sounds wonderful to me. I'm sure Becky Snowflake can make that bus float, as she's quite a creative soul!!! I am so excited about a long bus trip with all of you guys. Just what we need to out of the winter blues!!!

O.k. guys, the best way to see Key West is the Conch Tour Train. Becky, it goes sooooo slooooow we can just hook on back and take a leisurely tour. Fortunately, there's a stop right near the Pier House. It's a hotel beach but with all of us together, we'll have not trouble storming the beach!

Judy in Key West

P.S. Look out Ned, after Key West, it looks like we're headed your way.

Oh yes, Judy!!! Let's do be naughty and storm the beach! I haven't done anything "illegal" in years. Do you think the Key West jail could hold us all??? The sound of being in jail sounds terrible but....if we're all together....I'm sure we could make a party out of it. Just think of the publicity we could get for the board.