The bus stopped here...

Snowflake

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Bruce, I think you and I are going to have to tread carefully in the good old USA. We can just sort of hang back a bit and let the rest of them do the storming! And then if it looks safe, we can join in quietly. So if we are going to be inconspicuous, you will need to dress and act appropriately! Once we are back on the bus of course, all heck can break loose!

Yeah Katie. I don't think it's going to be a problem swinging through Texas.

I'm going to be in Indiana this weekend and I don't want to miss the bus.

I'll be off 30 and 65 just outside Valpo in a town called Boone Grove. If you made it near there you can just pick us all up. That way Tom and Viv can join in too.

Viv is a couple weeks from having this baby. I don't believe we have ever birthed a baby on the bus before. Any doctors coming along on this trip in case we get a baby along the way?

Denise

Not to worry, Katie. You should know we would never forget you. Besides, if we're leaving Key West and heading toward Hawaii.....we'd have to pass through Texas....lol!!!

Well now, Muriel, we might need a spare and that is a fine looking keg bus. Dawn and Katie, they really need to get you BEFORE heading to Hawaii so you see Key West. Hey anybody told Ned we're coming yet!!!???!!

Sandra and Bruce, not to worry, remember I was a mental health counselor for years in a small town. I know people in high places LOL.

Judy in Key West

Well Judy, I am not sure what you are intimating with your high up mental health contacts! But, with the crazies that will be on board that bus, I am sure they could be put to good use and perhaps help us out of any tricky situations. We are a bunch though, they may have met their match!

I suppose after swinging up for the Canooks we can head to Key West through Texas...as long as there's no snow, I'm game!

Seen the sun for a few days in a row here and was able to leave my coat home for a quick errand this afternoon. Wa-hoo!!

So, let's get this road trip going! I think I'm a bit ahead on classwork so I can head out. If needbe, I'll pass on the driving and wi-fi in to my classes.

C'mon, pack your crap and let's head out!

I'm ready. Pick me up by the side of US 1. I'll be the lady in bandaids. I'm leaving the little kitty at home. I don't care what Nick says. We have to change his name to Shredder. My right hand is all scratched up and bleeding. You should see this thing attack a bottle! Unfortunately, my hand is attached to it. I'm telling you, he's vicious!!

I'm relieved to hear you guys are heading through Texas and points west before taking the Pacific plunge, 'cause getting the bus through the Panama Canal might be problematic. One other thing — before you drive off the beach on the Left Coast, be sure your GPS is working!

My garage should be cleared out by the time you get here.

Ned

Becky, it sounds like we're going to need a navigator. I'm a bit tied up this week but when my grandson leaves, I'll get a map out (my sense of geography stinks) and see if we can't get this thing rolling across and crisscross country.

Judy in Key West

I worked for the National Geographic Society for a while. I agree with Lynn about the up, down, left, right stuff. Does the bus have a navigation system? I'd bring ours, but it's built into the car. Sorry. Maybe someone should make a trip to Target or Costco and buy one.

When will you be in Central FL? If you're coming from TX, then stop for me before you look for Lynn on hwy. 1.

Muriel

Since you'll be picking SandraL up before heading to Hawaii, can I tag along? I've never been to Hawaii and Seattle is still cold and gray. I'm not far off I-5. I hope there are seats left for us!

(Are you sure those buses aren't in Guatemala?)

Funny you should mention the Panama Canal, Ned. I lived there for two years from 1980, the year Jimmy Carter signed the canal back to Panama (and pre-invasion). I remembered the multi-colored "Rainbow City" buses that used to run and searched for them for this installation of keg bus run. The picture I included is far nicer than the buses that were there 30 years ago - think long Tijuana Taxi!

I lived in Coco Solo, and if the name sounds familiar, that's because John McCain was born at the Naval hospital there roughly 40 years prior to my dad being stationed there. Coco Solo/Cristobal is on the Atlantic side of the Canal, which just so happens to be further WEST than the Pacific entrance, go figure! (Seriously, look it up.)

So, if ya'll want to head through the Canal, let me know! We happened to be there when "The Love Boat" sailed through the Big Ditch, as well.

Hmmm....maybe I should write a book....

Well, since we're going to Texas first, I have a bit longer to pack. Pick me up on the way to Key West....after Muriel and Larry's Wife. Call just before you get here, cause it's way too hot today to wait beside the road. I'm so excited about this trip and I can hardly wait to hit the road.

It would be a cold day in hell before I got on that bus!(Not that I was invited :( ). But I want you all to know my thoughts and prayers will be with you.And you might want to remember to say your own before you get onboard.Watch out for pirates because I dont think the navy seals will come to your aid.