Research on family communication

RandyW

Dear LUNGevity Users,

My name is B, and I am currently working as a Research Assistant for Sylvia Mikucki, a doctoral student at the University of Illinois. She is starting a research project focusing on how families communicate and cope with lung cancer. Her research aims to discover information that could ultimately help such individuals in the future.

If you are interested in participating in this study, please read the more detailed information that follows. A link to access the survey itself can be found below as well.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

Best wishes,

B

Family Communication and Coping Study

My name is Sylvia L. Mikucki and I am a doctoral student in the Department of Communication at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I am conducting a study on family communication and coping under the supervision of Professor Dale Brashers.

Adjusting to life after losing a parent can be a very difficult process. My study examines the experience of adult children who have lost a parent to lung cancer.

I am looking for adults, 18 years of age or older, who have lost a parent to lung cancer to participate in an on-line survey that will take approximately 25-30 minutes. Participation is completely voluntary and responses are anonymous.

You may access the survey at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/familycoping

If you know other individuals who may like to participate, please feel free to forward this message to them. Also, if you have questions, please contact me at mikucki2@illinois.edu.

Thank you.

Sylvia L. Mikucki, M.S.

Doctoral Student, Department of Communication

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign