Last thing I knew, I was driving "The Bus"...

Snowflake

Wow Becky Snowflake, it has been a long time! Hate to hear about the turmoil you're having right now, but you know that you've come thru much worse!

It's good to hear from you-that poor bus has been all stalled out for a long time with no driver.

Were you headed back to school a while back? Keep us posted on what's going on with you. It's good to see you again.

Cindy

Becky, Becky, Becky, this is about the sixth time I've tried to welcome you back. And I keep forgetting to copy the posts to boot. I will simply say, good to have you back and you and I sharing a brain cell is really scary.

If this internet doesn't start working soon, I'm waiting til I get to Florida! We just left the campground in the cornfields where a group of Mennonite families arrived yesterday. Two tag alongs, two fifth-wheels and a bunch of tents for a pasel of kids. Fun watching them have fun.

Judy in KW crossing her fingers before she hits "submit"

Cindy, I did go back to school and went a full semester and two weeks before a major life change had me needing the $$ that a partial refund would get me. Still working on yet another new normal...

Judy, if you think the Mennonites are interesting, you should see the Amish! I live in the midst of Amish country, will have to figure out how to post pictures here and head out with the camera... I guess I need to keep track of when you are online so you can utilize our brain cell and then I'll take a turn when you log off... ;)

Life has a way of just steaming ahead, whether you want to or not. Good days and bad days pass by, 24 hours at a time. Living day-by-day, and celebrating all the little victories.

I am WAY later than a day and WAY more than a dollar short. Missed all these going-ons ~ or is it goings-on? I used to know such useless bits of grammar. Don't care much anymore, though!!!! You know I'm in. Maybe a portable PUB could be tucked in the back. The Pub has cobwebs and Fred, Teddy, and I are usually all hung over with nobody but us here to drink up the inventory!!!!!!

I'm just catching up with the news on you, friend ~ the good, the bad, and the ugly too. But you are a true survivor and will come out smelling like a whole bouquet of roses before long.

Now you want to talk about the Amish?!?!? Yep - I am here in Lancaster County where the horses are just about as comon as motor vehicles. Amish farms border us almost on all sides. I'll have to get out my camera as well and we can swap stories to boot.

Glad to see you back along with all the others posting here. And Becky - could you explain the Pub to all the newcomers. Drum up some business, will ya!!!!

I'm in my seat and ready to roll!

Kasey

Kasey! I've missed you!

For the newcomers, Kasey and her husband, Fred, run a virtual pub where celebrations occur with good news and rounds are bought by all. Teddy is their fur baby, and is in on all the good adventures - isn't that what fur babies are for?

I think we can make some room for a portable pub and make the modifications needed to drive it legally. May mean a partition between the driver and the passengers, but we can install a closed circuit TV between the two...

Making sure all the seams are seaworthy for this crossing, and that all the flotation devices are, well, float-able! We're in for a water crossing folks, hoping the water is peaceful or we'll all be purging over the sides. Scotland first, then back to Hawaii...hurry, the bus is getting ready to pull out. No ticket required, but you need to get a seat!

Now, I'm going to have one of those fancy umbrella drinks, like they used to drink at the beginning of "Fantasy Island" - "Da plane, da plane!" Anyone else game for their daily fruit intake? Must keep the scurvy away...

Ready with the umbrella drink, Snow. It's a MULTI-colored umbrella. I ALMOST made it pink, but then I thought.........

I will have to get the drink-making book ready again. I forget how to make them!!!! Maybe for this trip everyone can just make their own!!! I'm strapped in and Teddy has his window all fogged up. Here we go!!!!!!!!

Kasey

O.k. Becky and Kasey, I'm onboard. I was going to pass on this trip cause I get seasick but I can't miss picking up Eric in Scotland. Don't worry about drinks for me. Stan picked up five cases of my Tabor Hill wine in Michigan a couple of weeks ago.

Judy in KW

Ok, so... I know I'm upper west coast, but you're gonna have to come get me too. Heck--just call it the island hopping tour. Hit the UK, and then my little island (it's the longest in the continental US you know... though Long Islanders would dispute that....), and THEN hit Hawaii.

I'll bring the ice cream since I won't be able to partake at the pub for a while being in the family way and all. Also some serious chocolate.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A real bus driver? Can you deal with this unruly bunch? Think high school football players on the way home from winning a state championship...

Yes, I'm willing to let someone else drive for a bit. I will let on as to why next week, I promise. Before you ask, the 'Flake has been spayed, there are no snowbabies on the way.

No drama, just need a spell off the bus, I'll be back when I can, I've set the GPS to pick up Eric and then head back to Val on our way to Ned...

Hi Becky,

Could you make a wee change to your GPS thingy,as I am no longer based at the flagpole at Balgrayhill in Glasgow,no, you see the nights were getting too cold for camping out,anyway polis came along one night and "politely requested" me to vacate base camp toots sweet.Your log jam at the Panama canel just took too long to clear,so if you could reset for Airdrie.

I am currently on holiday and up to my arm pits, raking the autumn leaves off my front lawn.Hope you can make it for my halloween party,noo mind its Scottish rules here,theyll be nae candy or nuts 'till ye've done yer party piece,which can include singing,tellin' a joke or two,or recitin a poem,I hear Becky, you dae a fine balloon dance,which is prefectly acceptable since theres nae bairns aboot,an Ive goat ma wee pin handy.In case ye appear at night,you canna miss my hoose,its the one wi aw the pumkins lit up in my front garden.

See you all soon Bye.

Hey Becky - last I remember Randy's dog was driving the bus! Maybe a little too much wine for me?!?! Somehow I got left behind when we were headed to Bruce's up North - it is getting wa-a-a-y too cold here - can you swing by and pick me up soon?!?!? (Seriously, I don't care who's driving!!!) :)

Linda

Becky, you might be a little busy soon. If so, I'll be a substitute driver. I might need someone to put some blocks on the pedals so I can reach them. But it's got to be better than Randy's dog. Oh wait, didn't JocelynM say she's a real bus driver! Hope you're just a little crazy Jocelyn.

Linda, don't know my way around Canada but Bruce is probably warm now. He moved south of Yellowknife lol!

Judy in KW

Yo Beck,

Welcome back... even though I have not been on too much either.... but I do check from time to time.

Wow... you brought back too many memeories... makes me think of old family on here who are gone. :cry: But great memories and such fun times!

I never did get on that bus.... it kept missing my house! But you know I spent too much time at the pub...

Miss those days and you also...

I am also on uemployment... been over a year and a half.... but at least it goes toward my medical... mine is close to 800 a month.... UE will be up the end of Nov. dont know what I will do then... probably spend my time at the bar with my vodka martini's (probably will have to change to beer since that drink will be more expensive, unless Kasey & Fred will give me drinks on the house)

Joel is doing great and just did a commercial for Cooper Hospital for Cyberknife.. Monday he will be a 6 year survivor and close to 2 years LC free!!

Try to stay in touch even occasionaly...

take care my friend,

Maryanne :wink:

Judy - thanks for the heads up on Bruce's move. I have been wandering around Yellowknife looking for the guy for months ... only to find he is in Alberta (my home province). Instead of waiting on the bus I think it is time to start my trek home before the snow flies :) .

Linda