Update and more questions

cjdurrant

Hello once again,

It has been awhile since I have written although I often check out the site. My Dad had a relatively easy ride through chemo, often feeling tired and a little sore but never once did he become ill. At the end of the 12 week session he did however wind up with a rash that covered his entire body and that drove him insane but all in all not to bumpy of a ride. He has had a negative x-ray and PET scan recentely which we were all thrilled with. However, with the completion of chemo seven weeks behind us he his terribly concerned that he his still extremely tired and seems to take one step forward at two steps back at times. He pushes himself, perhaps a little too much,with walking and bike riding but his frustrated with his progress and his determined there are "other issues". Just looking to see how others have responded after chemo. Thanks to all.

jim

Jim,

Tell Dad to relax. Take it in stride. I'm three years out from chemo, and I am now just finally finding my stride! It's been a long road for me. I'm not saying it will be that long for Dad, but he needs to just be thankful for what he has.

After lung cancer, we need to find our new normal. For me, I expected it to be found much earlier than now. But I must say I am so grateful for where I am at today and no regrets on the time it took to get here.

I am so thankful for the life I have now....and I am thankful for the journey it took to get me here.

I treasure every aspect of life now. It's precious, and I treaasure each and every momeht. It took time, but it was worth it.

Judy in MI

Well, I just did that thing that caused me to lose my whole post. So I'll just say help your Dad focus on the fact that he got the best news any survivor can get--no evidence of disease, we call it NED. It's normal to be fearful for awhile and the energy level will come back in it's own time. It's an individual thing but he's best building back gradually to his activity. Wearing yourself out just entensifies the belief something is still wrong. Patience pays in this regard.

Judy in KW