Marisa

Bruce u

I am very sorry to write that Marisa, whose real name was Jeanne, passed away early Sunday morning. I had met Jeanne on here and she was from Vancouver but lived in Australia. We never got a chance to meet but corresponded every day.

Jeanne had made the decision not to have treatment and was at peace with what the future held for her. She was a very courageous lady and will continue to keep giving to find a cure for this disease after her passing.

Her biggest fear was to be in pain when the time came but her sister assured me that her passing was very peaceful. She will be greatly missed by her family and friends.

and by so many more here!!! My thoughts Prayers and condolences to Family and Friends! Thank you Bruce for letting us know!!

Hi Bruce,

I am so sorry to hear of Marisas passing,she did put up a brave fight,please pass on to her folks,my sympathy.

Sad news - just so sad. I'm glad she was with her family and that she died peacefully. Thank you Bruce for being her friend and keeping us updated. I'm tired of hearing bad news - I do believe we are due a wild streak of nothing but good stuff. In a way - with the choices she made - being able to live as she did and they dying peacefully is her good news.

My prayers to the family, may the feel comfort in the strength she showed during her battle.

Annette

I haven't been on here in a while so am behind on most everything. As soon as I saw Randy's post on Face book I just knew it was Jeanne (Marisa). My heart is so heavy.

The first time I (met) Jeanne was on here, never in person. Someone had said something to her to cause her to question her Faith and she wrote to me telling me that she wished she could have the Faith I and many others on this board have. We wrote back and forth for a while and she made a turn around about Faith. Eventually she sent some pictures and she saw some of mine. We became friends.I remember one time she said that she had some issues but was afraid to go to the doctor. She was afraid that the cancer had returned. She didn't mention it again until the headaches started.

We hadn't been in touch for a while when she sent me a message telling me about the headaches and her fear of a return of the cancer.Then she got the news that her cancer was back and that her headaches were from a tumor in the brain. I could tell by her writing that something was wrong. We talked on the phone just once and she was having a hard time talking.

Finally she wrote to me and told me that she had decided to have no treatment. She wanted quality of life instead of times of illness from treatment.She was resigned that the cancer would take her life. She also had so much Faith and no doubts about God looking after her and where she is going. It was a complete turn around from the Jeanne that I first "met".

I wrote to her a few weeks ago concerned because I hadn't heard from or about her. She wrote back and told me that she was still in no pain and glad that she had had the brain tumor removed and chosen no other treatment. She was at peace with her life and death. She had lost down to around 80 pounds and was very weak but still in no pain. Somehow I knew it would be the last time I heard from her.

She was truly a great friend and a great lady. I have such admiration for all who battle the monster but she will always be in a special place in my heart right beside Dean Carl. Such courage and inspiration. I will miss you my dear friend, I will miss you :(

At least here it was a beautiful, glorious day. I hope her passage was peaceful and wish her friends and family comfort in knowing she took this journey as she wanted. It was so good of her to come say hello (on-line) so recently. Thank you Bruce for letting us know.