Patti B

MsC1210

This is a message from Patti's son..

Hi everybody, this is Nick. Patti fought for 4 and a half years, roughly 1,680 days exactly. Her only wish was to see me graduate and she was there, I felt like the luckiest kid on stage and I think she felt like the luckiest mom. But around 3a.m. this morning she finally stopped fighting. She won her battle with lung cancer. She accomplished so much and helped so many people. She is truely an inspiration.

I have lost one of the best friends. My heart is broken.

Christine

Hi Christine - I've seen your updates on FB and, believe it or not, I planned to send you a message today. I must have missed someting because I did not know Patti was having any trouble lately. Then I saw your postings. Did I miss a post or something??? Patti and I connected years ago when she posted here. Then not so much though I always followed her story when I was on FB. Guess I should be on FB more as that seems to be where the news is. Anyhow - so sad to hear this. She was a wonderful lady.

Kasey

Heartbreaking to read this - I am so very glad she got to see Nick graduate and I hope he keeps the memories. A hard thing to do at that young age. I never truly know how to express my condolences - I think that everyone here will have some memories of Patti. I hate this disease!

Annette

Chris, thanks for posting this incredibly sad news. I know it is hard for you , you and Patti were so close. You were both blessed to have the friendship of one another. I'm just so sorry for your loss.

Patti was an amazing , beautiful person with a HUGE heart and a wonderful sense of humor.. I will miss her so so much. She gave so much of herself to so many and asked so little in return. She seemed to always put her family and friends needs ahead of her own and I loved that about her.

Nick, I know I don't need to tell you this, but I want you to know that your mom was so very proud of you. Every time she would mention you in posts or email, she was just bursting with pride. She talked about you often and with so much love. I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am that you have lost your mom and your family has lost such a beautiful lady. In time , all those memories you have of her will give you comfort when you need it most. My thoughts and prayers are with you , your Dad , your family and Patti's friends . We will all miss her so very much.

Love,

Sue

I am so sorry that Patti won/lost her lung cancer fight. I had no idea that she was not doing ok. I loved Patti's sense of humor - especiall on the "old" Tues. chat nights! What fun. Also loved her participation in the "Bus Trips" and taking all the blame for people falling off the bus. She was a true treasure.

Muriel

too many tears!!!! This is so unfair but glad she got to see Nick Graduate at the least !! my prayers and condolences!!

Oh Christine, thank you for posting. I was sorry when Patti stopped posting here and missed her company. I remember how much she wanted to see Nick graduate and I am so happy that she was able to do that. My condolences to Nick and family, and to her family and friends that must have such a large hole in their lives. Peace to all.

Thanks Chris

Patti was a great friend and inspiration to alot of members here. Like Muriel, I remember the great times we had on chat nights. I know that graduation was her goal and I am so happy that she did get to see Nick graduate.

Oh I'm so sorry to read this, but yet so glad to know she was sitting there so proudly when she got to see Nick graduate. That was so important to her and I'm so glad she got to be there.

Patti was a wonderful person and always so kind to everyone. She was always such fun during the Tuesday night chats that I would pop into in the early days of my sister's diagnosis.

I am so saddened to read this. My heart is breaking and I just can't stop crying. I will miss her deeply. I saw the graduation pictures and was happy to see her dream finally come true.

My deepest condolences to you, your dad & family Nick.

Denise

I am so saddened to read this. I've thought of Patti so often over the time she's been offsite. I have reached out to others many times to try to find out how she was with no luck. I miss the way she was there for everyone and her wicked wonderful sense of humor. She was so proud of Nick and am glad she got to his graduation which seemed to be a primary goal. Patti, you will continue to be remembered and missed.

Judy in KW

So sorry to learn of the loss of Patti but, am so glad to know her wish was fulfilled and she was able to see her son graduate.

Nick, sorry you lost your dear Mom. No one will ever replace her. She spoke of you all the time and was so proud of you.

Christine, I am sorry you lost your friend. I know how special Patti was to you and no one will replace her in your heart.

Cancer sucks. :(

Jean

• 10 years later...

I'm still in a bit of a state of overwhelm at the moment because I am still working - well that is, I am allowed to work from home but I have to try and fit it in and that is a struggle at the moment and I still haven't visited my local cancer support group and I was given their details 3 weeks ago! I know... I'm being very slack. I'm doing this on my own - as I realize do so many others - but it just makes it that little bit more of a challenge.