Our Anniversary

jean44

Thom passed away 2 yrs. ago yesterday and today is our 31st anniversary.

To say I am sad doesn't even begin to explain my feelings.

The loss of him still seems so new and there are days when I still can't believe he is gone.

When I lost him part of me went with him that I'm afraid I will never get back, and it was an important part of me that helped make me the person I use to be.

It's hard to find happiness no matter how hard I look because I am ALWAYS missing that one "special" part that Thom's love provided.

I know, I will always have him with me in spirit and in my heart but, it's not enough. :(

The bottom line is I miss him everyday and my life sucks without him and I don't know how to get past that feeling.

We always told each other that we wanted to "go" before the other because we couldn't live without each other. I just wish I wasn't the one left trying to go on living without him.

Thanks again for "listening". Just one of "those" days.

Jean

time for a long quiet talk under the stars Jean! Hang in there and I know it is hard to cope with. always have big dry shoulders here to cry on so .

((((Jean))))

I can only imagine. I told my husband 20 years ago that I would be the first to go. I told him it was not an option. I can't imagine him going first. So I totally understand your grief, and sorrow.

I can only offer your my condolences, and understanding. I am so sorry for your loss.

Judy in MI

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't seen a post from you sense the day you posted this. I just want to say that I am hoping that you have found a few gentle moments. Sometimes that is all we can expect. Time may help ease the everyday gut wrenching ache and lonliness but that deep hurt that settles into your inner core will become a part of you. You won't always be aware of it but it will be there.

Right now I am dealing with some friends who are new to this kind of grief. I know that there are no words that can help. All I can say is there are many of us who do understand and are praying for you to find some peace. Take care and keep in touch with us.

Hi Jean. I somehow missed this in my travels. Was at MDA I believe when you posted. I hope the day passed gently for you. I always read your post and feel for you in how much you miss Thom. Hope your heart fills up with good memories sometime soon.

Judy in KW