Dear Mom

flwrjunke

Dear Mom,

I miss you! I can’t believe that it’s been 6 years since you passed away.

You will be happy to hear that Sis and I have become very close. I am grateful for that and know it would make you happy. She has been by my side, and I hers, with all that’s happened these last few years.

As I was driving into work this morning, I was reflecting on this day from not so long ago. I felt like I was heading down a road to my own little pity party. I thought of how you always handled everything with such dignity and grace that I snapped myself out of it, as I know you would of wanted.

I have so much to be grateful for. You were the greatest Mom, teacher and friend. You were always there for me and I honestly believe that you had something to do with watching over my boys these last couple of years. I had thought that losing you was the toughest time in my life until last year.

When M sent me the picture/text in the middle of the night, plane on fire, I learned that bad landings are not good. Of course he joked about doing a superman out of the plane as they jumped through the flames to safety. I could only thank God for watching over him and keeping him safe. This accident ended up being a good thing because this is where he met my soon to be daughter in law. They are a fantastic couple and I know you would love her.

Last year, when J had his accident, I came so close to losing it. 10 days in ICU and 5 surgeries over 10 months was really the hardest time in my life. It’s a miracle that he’s still with us and I thank God everyday for that. I know your spirit was with him when he flew in the helicopter that saved his life.

Mom, Thanks again for all you’ve given me and know that I miss you and will always be your little girl.

Love,

Patty