Colleen Brennan

ginnyde

Colleen Brennan | Visit Guest Book

POTTSTOWN — Colleen Brennan, 36, of Pottstown, wife of John R. Brennan Jr., passed away Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2011, after a long and courageous battle with cancer.

Born in Philadelphia, she was a daughter of Joseph J. and Maryanne (Morrissey) Loftus, of Ivyland.

Colleen received her bachelor's degree in accounting from DeSales University in Center Valley and her MBA from St. Joseph's University in Philadelphia.

She worked as an accounting manager at Comcast in Oaks until 2006 and volunteered at St. Francis Academy School in Bally.

She was a member of St. Columbkill Roman Catholic Church in Boyertown and Brookside Country Club in Pottstown. Colleen loved being at the shore in Ocean City, N.J., and most of all loved being a mom to Jack.

Surviving along with her parents and husband are a son, Jack; a brother, Timothy J. Loftus, husband of Nandini, of Bethlehem; her sister, Karen, wife of Dennis Murphy, of Somerton, and a nephew, Thomas Murphy.

BRENNAN — Colleen Brennan, 36, of Pottstown. A Funeral Mass will be held at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Columbkill R.C. Church, 200 Indian Springs Rd., Boyertown with Joseph G. Morrissey O.S.F.S. officiating. Burial will be private. Visitation will be from 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at the Catagnus Funeral Home and Cremation Center, Inc., 711 N. Franklin St., Pottstown, and from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. Saturday at the church. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be sent to The American Cancer Society , c/o National Penn Bank, 1830 E. High St., Pottstown, PA 19464 c/o Joan Gehris, and/or The Lungevity Foundation, 435 N. Lasalle St., Suite 310, Chicago, IL 60654 or online at Lungevity.org. To send an online condolence, visit www.CatagnusFuneralHomes.com.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Colleen was one of our lunch bunch from the Philadelphia area. She was the most courageous young woman I have ever known.

I hope those who donated to the LUNGevity walk this Saturday in my name will understand the reason why I am not walking this year. I will be in attendance at Colleen's service.

I HATE LC :evil::evil::evil:

Kasey

• 4 weeks later...