Eight years NED coming up soon!

:D Coming up on 8 years since diagnosis and still NED....seeing Jamie's post on fb reminded me that others need to see stories of survival to give hope, so here I am after taking a very long break. I have had no treatment since completing it in August 2004. Today I live with COPD which required adapting my lifetstyle, but it's a blessing to still be here to bounce my new grandson on my knee!

You are so right,sharing such a success story does give everyone a boost,congratulations on your 8 years.My buddy Robert Lowe,was dxd with SCLC in1993,NSCLC in 2007,now aged 72,has more zest for life than people half his age.He is now the UKs longest surviving duel LC patient,this is now his 19th year of survival.Lets all do a Robert,what do you think?.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Congrats!! 8 years sounds so amazing here! I have a pal dx at 44 and he is 54 now, so he has been my inspiration thus far. He even had the same Pancoast tumor right lung like I did, but he was IIIa with a node and I was IIB with no nodes.

Eric, I will definitely remember 19 years from now on!!

• 3 years later...