Happy Holidays! What's cooking?

CindyA

During these winter months a lot of recipes of scruptious foods are popping up everywhere you look. What are you making this season that is healthy and yummy? Where did you get the recipe from?

I can't wait to hear what you have to say!

-CindyA

One of my favorite recipes is one posted quite awhile back by Carole Hammett, who was a real inspiration to me when I joined. I don't know how to "bump" a post, so I am just copying and pasting Carole's recipe for "cancer killing spinach salad" - here it is:

"My spinach salad doesn't actually "kill" cancer, but every ingredient is known to have an adverse effect on cancer cells:

Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves

Purple Onion

Fresh chopped garlic

Mushrooms

Cherry Tomatoes

Shelled walnut halves

Fresh Raspberries

Feta Cheese

I add ingredients in above order, toss and add a "light" raspberry vinagrette (commercial product available at organic stores).

If the salad is to serve as a meal, I add sliced boiled eggs for protein. Tastes great year round, but especially on warm summer days. I usually make up 2-3 individual salads at a time. If stored in sealed plastic individual containers, it will last 2-3 days.

Correction: I noticed belatedly that I'd forgotten the cherry tomatoes (grape tomatoes will work as well).

Enjoy!

Carole

Life is a Terminal Condition"

Thanks Diane! That sounds wonderful! Speaking of spinach, here is a recipe I make for my family on the days I really don't feel like cooking but it's healthy anyway. It's so easy and so fast!

Frozen Shrimp (Vitamin D may also improve survival rates among lung cancer patients)

diced Spinach

1/2 of lemon's juice (cancer fighting fruit, BAM!)

Pasta

chopped tomatoes

finely chopped ginger - Tricks cancer cells into digesting into themselves, BAM, take that c-word!

a table spoon of garlic (to liking)

Curcumin - Recent studies have shown curcumin to interfere with cell-signaling pathways, thereby suppressing the transformation, proliferation, and invasion of cancerous cells.

What's to drink? TEA (So enjoy tea year-round to boost cancer prevention.)

Have pasta cooking in a pot, drain and work with the ingredients in the saucepan.

In a saucepan cook shrimp until it is nice and pink. Then add a wee bit of butter (optional) & curcumin, garlic, add frozen or fresh spinach. When the spinach looks tender add diced tomatoes, and finely chopped ginger.

• 2 weeks later...