Crockpot season is here!

CindyA

Hi everyone! Happy Autumn! Are you like me, do you look forward to Autumn? I think if crisp cool air, apple and cinnamon scents everywhere & warm food. Team LUNGevity posted this recipe on their Facebook page and I thought it sounded too good not to share with you!

The great thing about slow cookers is that you work for a short amount of time and enjoy a great warm home cooked meal when you are ready. If you have too many leftovers, try freezing them in freezer bags for a rainy day.

Do you have a great slow cooker recipe you'd like to share? Please reply with it below.

Here is the link in case you want to view the photos: http://www.eatliverun.com/crock-pot-bee ... uash-stew/

Crock Pot Beef and Butternut Squash Stew

serves 6

Print this Recipe!

Ingredients:

1.5 lbs beef stew meat, chopped into 1″ pieces

1 tbsp canola oil

5 small red or purple potatoes, chopped

3 large carrots, chopped

1 yellow onion, chopped

1 tsp minced garlic

10 oz sliced cremini mushrooms

1 2.5 lb butternut squash, peeled and chopped

1 quart beef broth (4 cups)

1 bay leaf

1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

1 tbsp soy sauce

2 tsp salt

2 tsp sugar

1/4 tsp black pepper

pinch of cayenne pepper

1/2 tsp paprika

1/2 cup flour

Directions:

Place the flour in a shallow dish with the chopped beef. Toss well to coat. Heat the canola oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and saute for about five minutes until soft. Add the beef and garlic to the pan and continue sauteing until the beef has browned.

Place the beef, onions and garlic at the bottom of your Crock Pot. Next, add the bay leaf, butternut squash, mushrooms, chopped carrots and potatoes. Pour the beef broth over and add the Worcestershire, soy sauce, sugar and paprika— if you are using a 5 qt Crock Pot like me, it will almost overflow but don’t worry, it won’t! Also, it won’t look like there is enough liquid in the pot — there is.

Place the lid on the Crock Pot and turn the heat to low. Cook for 8-10 hours. Right before serving, add the salt and pepper to taste. Remove the bay leaf!

This stew freezes wonderfully and is a very comforting meal on cold rainy nights.

Time:

active time —- 10 minutes

total time — 10 hours