Tuesday's Air

eric byrne

Good Evening Everyone,

Hoping you are all well and enjoying some fine summer weather.Our weather here recently has been pretty dull and wet,we have the remnants of the Hurricane Bertha passing over the UKs shores.My new friend Liz and I spent some time on holiday in the Lake District in the north of England,we spent it in Bowness on Lake Windermere,really a beautiful place,the weather was glorious.We still have a fortnight in Tenerife in the Canary Island from the 5th of September to look forward to,I am so looking forward to this.

I have not been spending much time on my laptop of late,too busy getting about,we had some enjoyable visits into Glasgow these last couple of weeks watching the Commonwealth Games,the atmosphere in Glasgow was just wonderful,made you feel proud to be Scottish,I think all our foreign visitors left Scotland with some great memories.The Edinburgh Festival has now started,so lots to see there too,I just love watching the street theatre,you can find my pics in the members photo album here of a previous visit I had to the Festival with my daughter Jennifer.Jennifer has just taken up her new teaching post in Hamilton Grammar,the pupils start on Wednesday,so she is busying herself to receive her new pupils,what great excitement,I am sure the kids are going to love Miss Byrne.

I have another photo assignment on Saturday,its the outdoor lawn bowling finals,particularly special since its the Centenary of the Monklands Bowling Association,I get the honour of a place at the top table for dinner-Wowee,hopefully I get my pics published in the local rags.I also have a reunion dinner with former work collegues from Langside College and Haggs Castle Golf Club on the 22nd of Aug,gosh its over 20 years since I worked with those guys,so its going to be a excellent occassion to catch up with all the gossip.

Its great to share some gossip with you guys too,why not write a few lines yourselves if you have a mind too,dont be shy,I just love to know what you guys are up to on your side of the pond.

Bye and best wishes everyone.