For ALK: "FDA Grants Genentech’s Alecensa® (Alectinib) Accelerated Approval for People with a Specific Type of Lung Cancer "

CindyA

• 3 months later...

Wow it's been a long time since I've been on. I guess that's a good thing. Anyway I've been on crizotinib for about 4 years (maybe a little longer) and it looks like I may be building up the resistance. About 2 years ago I had 5 lesions 1-3mm found in the brain and was treated successfully with gamma knife. Last year in October I had 2 more pop up, again 1-3mm in size and treated with gamma knife. I just had my mri on Monday and they found one lesion about 2 mm in size and planning gamma knife in a few weeks. My question is that my doctor called and wants me to come in and talk about switching to alectinib and I was wondering if anyone else has gone through something similar and how they're tolerating this drug? Also I just want to add that this came as a big surprise to me because of how good I've been doing. I'm 46 years old, very active and go to the gym about 4-5 times a week. I've actually been pressing my doctor about giving me a break from the crizotinib and now this! I know I should be thanking my lucky stars for making it this long and I know they're still very optimistic about the future results but it's just so disappointing some times!

PS: To the moderators if this is in the wrong place I apologize and please feel free to move it to where it may get some responses. Thanks!