Another Newbie

Steph W

Hi everyone,

I am new to the group but hoping to visit often. I was diagnosed with stage 4 nsclc Sept 15 of this year and started a clinical trial with Keytruda almost 3 weeks ago (2nd treatment is this Friday). I quit smoking Oct 1st after 38 years of daily smoking. So far so good! Glad to see so many long term survivors on here, gives me hope :)

Steph,

Welcome here.  I've read great things about Keytruda, so I can't wait for you to report your mid-treatment scans to learn your tumors have decreased in size or hopefully have been eliminated.

We have many long term survivors and our collective experience applies to you.  If we can live, so can you.

Stay the course.

Tom

Hi, Steph,

Welcome to LCSC! I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but I am happy that you've joined this community. First of all, congratulations on your success with quitting smoking! Stay strong and know that we are here to support you. I hope that you'll continue to explore the message boards and feel free to join threads on topics that interest you. This is a great place to ask questions and share stories and advice. We look forward to getting to know you!

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Hi Steph,

I was diagnosed last year with Stage 3A NSCLC. I had surgery first because they thought they could get it all by doing a lobectomy of the top right lobe. They were surprised when they found it in a lymph node outside the lung. Unfortunately, Keytruda was not approved for first line, so I went through Chemotherapy and Radiation simultaneously.  I am currently still cancer free. Coincidentally, my great friend happens to be the Pharmaceutical rep for Keytruda in the Baltimore area.  She said the results have been so amazing! God forbid that my cancer comes back, but knowing that Keytruda is available makes me better.  I wish you the best, and never lose faith!  Keeping positive is the key to recovery.