Previous Radiation and Cyberknife

Judy M.

Hi everybody. I'm a stage IV adenocarcinoma patient newly diagnosed. Because I have what my Oncologist called Oligometestatic lung cancer ( meaning I have 3 nodules in my lungs but it has not spread elsewhere) he recommends I have cyberknife radiation combined with mild chemo. My question has to do with the radiation. Because I'm a breast cancer survivor I previously had 33 radiation treatments to my right side for that and 2 of the nodules are in my right lung. I know the previous radiation on that side weakened my rib bones. So, I'm hoping I can still have the cyberknife. Has anyone had cyberknife radiation after having already undergone a usual 6 week period of radiation? My concern is that this might disqualify me or my ribs might break. I was told I'd not be able to have radiation to that breast again. Thanks for any input you might have.

Judy M.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Judy,

Yes I did have CyberKnife radiation after a 6-week course of conventional radiation to the chest.  I was told I could never have a second course of conventional radiation but CyberKnife is very different.  It is focused and concentrates its energy in such a way so as to minimize the background radiation.  Therefore it can safely used as a second course of radiation without causing a problem.

Stay the course.

Tom

Thank you so much! That's good news. I thought you might have. And your NED using it has given me hope. God bless you for sharing.
Judy M

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.