Scanziety

BridgetO

On the 24th of this month, I have my first CT follow up after my lobectomy in November. It's abdominal/pelvic as well as chest. I had an advanced and aggressive (Stage 3, grade 3) cervical cancer in 2011, with CT followup every 6 months. NED until last fall and I had become much less anxious about scans, when the lung nodule turned up. Fortunately, it was a stage 1A lung adenocarcinoma rather than a metastasis. (How often do you hear someone say "fortunately" about lung cancer?) But now the scan anxiety has increased some. I was going to be on annual CTs on the abdominal/pelvic, since I'm more than 5 years out on the cervical. I asked for them do do the whole torso, because I'm having some vague and dull discomfort. So now I have two cancers to be concerned about! Whatever! I'm taking my own advice-- or trying to. I'm hanging in there and have a trip planned to visit an old friend the first weekend in June.

Bridget,

Go on that trip. Then, plan the next, and the one after that. Fill your search window with places you haven't been and make a five year visit plan. Mark the days on the calendar, then build a schedule to reserve various aspects of your visit plan. 

One must first visualize before realizing. 

Tahiti, Tulsa, Tacoma, or Taho. Add Toledo (Spain or Ohio) and take five!

Stay the course.

Tom

Thanks, Tom.

The next 2 trips are already planned! (3 if you count the June one). And possibly Peru in September; waiting to hear if my spouse is definitely on for a work-related  trip there. If so, I'll see if I can tag along. I'm enjoying my retirement, traveling at least as long as the $$ holds out. My mode of travel has had to be adjusted some from when I was younger and had no health issues, but I'm still going.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my chest CT scan results from my pulmonologist.  NED! yay! Now I'm waiting to hear from my gynecologic oncologist wtih the results of the CT for the lower half of my body, done the same day. Everybody is so specialized!

• 2 weeks later...