Introducing myself

K.Bjork

I am 56 years old a 10yr cigarette free women, who was just rejoicing recently in September 2016 and being cancer free, from a kidney cancer (low grade non invasive) when May 24 I felt a lump in my neck, I started taking medical mushrooms Coq 10, Vit- D3  Curumin, wheat grass...  extra.. New to Texas had no doctor, found one and then learnt end of June I have metastatic adeno carcinoma of the lung that has spread to the lymph node.No symptoms at all. found my way to MD Anderson and just learnt it could be stage 3 or 4 . I will learn next week what stage. I understand 57 % of people are right where I am...   I am a very positive person and enjoy a good laugh.. I am married and have three grown children, 3 step children and 18 grandchildren and one great grandson.  Love to garden, herbs make my own medicines, tinctures and salves. Love to cook.I am Canadian my husband is Finnish and we both speak Swedish. We are alone in the USA.  Any insight to this horrible sickness about drugs to stay away from, or info on Natural meds I am all ears. Thank you I look forward to hearing good news...

Welcome K

Glad you found us.  I was 50 yrs old when I was diagnosed with lung cancer.  I was Stage 3B .  I started with 2 chemo drugs and radiation immediately. 

It sounds like they know you have Adenocarcinoma but you do not mention that you have a plan-- of care set up yet.  I hope they start some treatment soon !

MD Anderson I hear is a good treatment center. 

I really do not think there are any natural drugs that are going to make a difference .  The cure drugs can be tuff but there are meds they can give to to lessen the

side affects as nausea etc.  Please let us know how you are doing and what the plan will be.  We have been through this and really want to help you.

Donna G

Welcome to our little corner of the world.  i was diagnosed with stage 4 adenocarcinoma 17 months ago today.  I've had surgery, two rounds of chemo and a round of radiation.  You found a good place with M.D. Anderson.  I'm originally from the Houston area and I grew up knowing it was one of the best in the world.  If your medical team hasn't mentioned it, ask if your cancer will be tested for biomarkers.  For certain markers, immunotherapy is a very good therapy.  I did not have any markers but have responded pretty well to traditional chemo and radiation.

Given the variety of cancers and stages represented on this forum, you're almost guaranteed to find someone at the same diagnosis, stage, and treatment path.  

Let us know how we can help you.

Because you quit smoking so long ago there is a chance that your cancer has a targetable mutation. Have you received the results of the mutation testing yet?

A targetable mutation means that your cancer can be treated with a pill rather than standard chemotherapies. Lungevity has several booklets that discuss each and their possible treatments. When you know more send them a request for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me add that MD Anderson has support groups for patients and additional support groups for care givers. It's very empowering to sit with a group of people who know what it's like to hear the words, "You have cancer".

Having been part of both survivor and care giver groups I can assure you that we laugh more than we cry.

https://www.mdanderson.org/patients-family/diagnosis-treatment/patient-support/support-groups.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi i was a 17 yrs of not smoking 61 yr old and i also had no symptoms and mine adenocarcinoma was picked up during a scan that was checking for any recurrence of a sarcoma cancer that id had 5 yrs ago and i had the left bottom lobe taken and a wedge of another nodule followed by 4 months of chemo because 7 out of 20 lymph nodes were positive ...ive had scans done on completion of the chemo and all is clear and next scans booked for 6 months time so hang in there because we are survivors and can and do get through it

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk