Glad to have found this site!!

Hello, my name is Tracy.

I have already posted on this site but I thought I would introduce myself anyways.

I am 25 yrs old and my father who just turned 50 was diagnosed last week with Lung Cancer. Unfortunately I do not know the exact diagnosis other than its a pancoast tumor. My mother is a breast cancer survivor (we just celebrated her 5 yr in January).

Dads CT scan is scheduled for next monday so I am hoping to know more then.

I am so glad that I found this site....all the wonderful people who support one another warms my heart. Since finding this site my fears have been reduced considerably. I feel like I do not have to face this alone anymore.

Hi Tracy,

Welcome. I'm so sorry to hear that your father has Lung Cancer. :( But I hope that we will help you to know that you are not alone. Donna G. I believe is a survivor of the Pancoast tumor. I hope that you will find comfort here, and a place to gather info and vent. Praying for you and your fathers healing.

Laurie

Tracy, I believe the Pancoast describes where the tumor is located (high up in the lung). Donna G can tell you more. My tumor was as high as it could be, but was called a superior sulcus tumor. Don't know what the difference is.

Come to this forum often for support, advice, and general hand-holding.

JudyB

PS Laurie, love your new pix!!! (Can I say I also miss Panda Peek?)

Tracy, We are glad to have you here, you may want to register so you can get emails from other members with important information..

Hope you find the answers you are looking for..

Welcome Tracy,

Sorry you have the need to join us, but glad that you found us. I am very sorry about your dad.

There is a lot of support, knowledge and love on this site, so you never have to feel like you are doing this alone. I personally am usually logged onto this site and have it up in the background for the whole day while at work, because I never know when I am going to need a boost.

I will add you and your family in my prayers, and I wish you the best.

Carleen