Steff

Gotta love your mom!!! Getting old doesn't take away that desire to get down for us older ladies. Just makes it a bit more difficult sometimes. 

Judy M

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lexie and Judy - I can't wait to share this with my mom, she will get a kick out of it!!

Steff,

We'll be thinking of you and your mom tomorrow! I love how special your relationship is and how much fun you have together. I'm sorry it's been a rough couple of months and I really hope that this procedure alleviates some of her medical issues. Please keep us posted!

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Well, the good news is that there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with my mom's heart. The bad news is there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with my mom's heart.  I feel weird saying that. 

It only took 10 minutes for the doc to see there is no plaque build up and no need for stents. All looked good with her heart.  When I asked why the stress test showed there was an issue with the bottom of the heart, the doc replied that stress tests are about 85% accurate while the procedure she had was 100% accurate.  Soooo, back to the drawing board on why she is having shortness of breath.  The next issue I will bring up is her low TSH for her thyroid. It continues to drop and really dropped back in February when this all started. Her oncologist doesn't want to listen and says everything is fine so I will wait until the regular doc is back from maternity leave and address they thyroid with her.  I am looking for ANYTHING to blame this on besides Keytruda.  She is doing too well on it and we are scared to switch to something else.  If anyone has any thoughts or advice on where to look next or switching from Keytruda, I welcome it.  She does have a CT in a few weeks and a follow up with her pulmonary doc to see how things look.  Maybe there will be an answer there.

But, since this is a post about finding HOPE, here is the bright side:

Next weekend, my mom is selling her handmade gifts just outside a local concert venue.  There is a 3 day country music festival happening and she has made a bunch of red, white, and blue tutus.  All money made goes to Lungevity!!!

August 3rd is my mom's birthday, she will be 64 years young!

In September, we have the Rod Stewart concert. My mom may be dancing with oxygen, but she will be dancing!

My mom attending a sewing club that meets monthly and she made a new friend! Her best friend died 6 years ago and she has been pretty lonely since. It's so cute to hear her talk about her new friend!!

These are the things I think of when I get down. My mom is living her best life despite the challenges of health issues.  

Take Care,

Steff

Hey Steff,

Your mom and I share the same birthday!  I'll be 62 this summer.  

I had tickets to see Rod Steward last summer--but the concert was two days after my lobectomy so I had to sell the tix.  This year, he's here on my birthday, but I will be in NYC seeing Hamilton for the second time.  

I DID see him eons ago (HS/college era) and he does a great show.  

Hope you are able to get to the bottom of her breathing issue while maintaining effective LC therapy.

Teri

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:24 AM, Steff said:

Well, the good news is that there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with my mom's heart. The bad news is there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with my mom's heart.  I feel weird saying that. 

It only took 10 minutes for the doc to see there is no plaque build up and no need for stents. All looked good with her heart.  When I asked why the stress test showed there was an issue with the bottom of the heart, the doc replied that stress tests are about 85% accurate while the procedure she had was 100% accurate.  Soooo, back to the drawing board on why she is having shortness of breath.  The next issue I will bring up is her low TSH for her thyroid. It continues to drop and really dropped back in February when this all started. Her oncologist doesn't want to listen and says everything is fine so I will wait until the regular doc is back from maternity leave and address they thyroid with her.  I am looking for ANYTHING to blame this on besides Keytruda.  She is doing too well on it and we are scared to switch to something else.  If anyone has any thoughts or advice on where to look next or switching from Keytruda, I welcome it.  She does have a CT in a few weeks and a follow up with her pulmonary doc to see how things look.  Maybe there will be an answer there.

But, since this is a post about finding HOPE, here is the bright side:

Next weekend, my mom is selling her handmade gifts just outside a local concert venue.  There is a 3 day country music festival happening and she has made a bunch of red, white, and blue tutus.  All money made goes to Lungevity!!!

August 3rd is my mom's birthday, she will be 64 years young!

In September, we have the Rod Stewart concert. My mom may be dancing with oxygen, but she will be dancing!

My mom attending a sewing club that meets monthly and she made a new friend! Her best friend died 6 years ago and she has been pretty lonely since. It's so cute to hear her talk about her new friend!!

These are the things I think of when I get down. My mom is living her best life despite the challenges of health issues.  

Take Care,

Steff

PLEASE SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR MOM FOR US :) 

Archived