Got my diagnoses NSCLC

Jeannie55

Hi, after the second biopsy it has come back NSCLC of the Adenocarcimona type. I have had 5 radiation treatments on my rib and 5 on my sacrum (2 met sites). It has now been sent off for EGFR & ALK testing somatic mutation testing. To decide which chemo or trials available to me. Dont know if it was the radiation or just stress with the cancer on the body. My (graves disease)thyroid function test has come back at 17.2 my last one wasnt even 1. I have been extremely tired and my body constantly overheats ( simular to menopausal hot flush). Didnt know if it was the radiation the cancer in the body so asked GP for bloodtests, although heat overload was happening before radiation. One step and 1 breath at a time 🙁

Jeannie,

Hang in there.  Any indication of the EGFR - ALK testing timeframe?

I'd venture your heat overload is stress related.  I experienced a stress overload during diagnosis and treatment.

Stay the course.

Tom

Hi, Jeannie,

I'm glad you're getting some answers. When are you expecting your test results? We'll be thinking of you!

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation