Needing support, my husband has stage 4 lung cancer

Jane Page

Hi Jane,

I am sorry to hear that you and your husband are having to travel along the scary journey called lung cancer.  I too, am a caregiver - for my mother with a recurrence of lung cancer.  She is currently on chemo and Keytruda.  I know how you are feeling and many others on these forums do as well.  I reached out to this group a few months ago and they have been a great help, both for increased knowledge and hope.  There are many survivors on here as well.

Please know that you and your husband are not alone in this - we are here for you.  This site is not only helpful with all the discussion forums, there is also a great amount of information about the different kinds of lung cancers and treatments that are easy to read and understand.  Is there any specific help/support you are looking for?

Thinking of you,

Steff

Hi Jane! LUNGevity has caregiver mentors that we can match you with for one on one support by email and/or phone. Would you like to be matched with someone through our LifeLine program? Please let me know if I can help find the support you are looking for.

Best Regards, 

Nikole

www.lungevity.org/lifeline

Jane, Going thru this battle myself right now with my husband. It is scary and a whole list of other emotions. First and foremost QUESTION EVERYTHING! Write it down when you think of it and keep that notebook with you for all appointments. No question is considered dumb or stupid. Hugs & prayers. This is not an easy road to go down.

Peg

Hi, Jane,

I'm glad that you've joined this community and that you connected with Nikole. LifeLine is a wonderful program and Nikole does an incredible job helping people connect with the right mentors. Please do not hesitate to reach out and remember that we are here for you!

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Jane,

I'm happy to see that the cancer isn't growing, but know that the muscle weakness certainly doesn't help matters.  That's the thing with chemo - it may save you but it will damn near kill you while trying to save you.  

• 3 weeks later...

Jane, We start round 6 of chemo tomorrow. Muscles are the 1st thing to go and with each treatment the fatigue and weakness get worse. I am not looking forward to these treatments this week. He has still not bounced back from round 5 3 weeks ago. Chemo kills all the bad cells and destroys a lot of good ones.

Peg

I know I'm in the hospital with my husband they are just trying to keep him comfortable. This is the hardest thing I have ever gone through.They put him on hospice today. They told me he only has about 2 days left. This is killing me inside just trying to be strong for him. He is the love of my life just don't see how I can make it without him. 

I am so sorry Jane.  Having gone through loosing my husband to lung cancer just a few years ago, I know this journey 

is so hard.  Please know you are in my prayers.

Donna G

So sorry Jane to hear you are having to go through these trials at this time. Please know that I have said a prayer for you and your Husband this morning. That you will find Peace and understanding in this difficult time. I myself have lost a Sister to Lung Cancer, and a Brother to non  Hodgkins lymphoma.  And I was blessed to have an early find this past May with a bout of my own with Lung cancer.  

keeping you in my thoughts and Prayers.