New at this

Darleen

Hello ,

My name is Darleen 

I was diagnosed with stage 4 nsclc that mastasised to the brain ,chest ,throat,abdomen,June 2016 it's been a tough ride crainiotomy radiation on brain radiation on chest chemo now on optivo which I seem to feel better on and is helping with most of my tumors yet new ones are cropping up not sure why not getting answers ...I've also had lifetime changes I became a widow in January and lost a beloved dog ,I still have one dog . have to clean my house out as my husband was a pack rat with alot of good stuff so I've donated to a particular church so they may make some money for good causes ,I will need to sell my home by spring due to affordability and too much to care for ,I am now dating on to a new life and now it's hard at times because of living with my chronic disease , yet it's exciting and thrilling to look forward to a new life yet hard because of this decease hanging over me .....And sometimes people really don't realize I'm that sick as I don't look sick ...I have all my hair back which is,awesome !!!!

I still get scarred ,angry,frustraded but still trying to be positive,in pray alot finding faith helps me hand my troubles over to someone else to carry the burden for a while at least does anyone else feel the same way and feel overwhelmed at the same time?

Darleen,

Indeed welcome here!

You've had a wild treatment ride.  I still get scared, angry and frustrated.  I guess it comes with the disease.

I was diagnosed in the "Jurassic Era" well before targeted therapy like Optivo was discovered or approved.  I had the old fashion chemotherapy kind-of-guy: Taxol paired with Carboplatin. Eighteen infusions of the stuff.  But, I'm still here and still trying to be positive...most of the time.

My just getting to know you message is two fold: you've found the right place -- this forum, and if I can live, so can you.

Stay the course.

Tom 

Hi, Darleen.  I'm glad you found us.  I don't think you can have this diagnosis and not be overwhelmed at some point.  I can go most of a day and then it hits me - I have cancer!  I've tried very hard to live my life with my new normal, but the key is I'm living my life.  I refuse to give in or give up!

Hi, Darleen,

Welcome to LCSC. I am glad to see you've already connected with Tom and Susan. Lung cancer can certainly be overwhelming. Like Tom and Susan said, sometimes the best advice can be "Just keep living!" If you're familiar with the movie Finding Nemo, you can picture Dory saying it. Please feel free to explore the message boards, ask questions, and join in on any conversation that resonates with you. I am happy to provide you with resources and information about LUNGevity's Support & Survivorship program. Please do not hesitate to reach out and remember that we are here for you!

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation