so far so good

Simeon

My partner Caroline has had her right lung removed as there was a complication after the cancer surgery. They thought it was an infection in the remaining lung but turns out it was internal bleed that was running into the remaining lung. She's stable now but still critical but breathing without the ventilator. im not sure but it sounds positive?!.....

Simeon,

It sounds like your partner is slowly moving in the right direction -great news!! Having a lobectomy is major surgery and having a portion of a major organ remove makes the recovery an uphill battle. My mom only had minor complications, but spent a total of 10 days in the hospital. Every little step up the hill is movement in the right direction! Hang in there.

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:21 PM, Steff said:

Simeon,

It sounds like your partner is slowly moving in the right direction -great news!! Having a lobectomy is major surgery and having a portion of a major organ remove makes the recovery an uphill battle. My mom only had minor complications, but spent a total of 10 days in the hospital. Every little step up the hill is movement in the right direction! Hang in there.

thanks Steff. Caroline is doing better each day a little. Off ventilator but tube still in although breathing on her own! Today she's trying to open her eyes a little. Stable but still in ICU. How is your mum? Thank you so much for the contact!! 

She's doing okay  - no issues from lobectomy except some pain at her incisions and shoulder. As for her cancer recurrence, she's putting up the good fight and the chemo/immunotherapy seems to be working at the moment. She is looking forward to the holidays as we have lots of fun things planned. 

I hope Caroline continues the road to recovery and that you are getting some rest too...how is it possible to get so exhausted just sitting and doing nothing at the hospital?!!! Those are always my most exhausting days! 

Take care,

Steff

Archived