Just Checking In

Judy M.

Hi guys

Just updating. Finished my last chemo Aug. 3 and saw Oncologist Sept. 14 after C. T. scans. Good news, tumors shrunk and still saw no spread outside lungs. So, he said nothing else until P. E. T. scan in 3 months. That will be early Dec. probably. Decided I had a 3 month break and didn't even want to think about cancer. Since I'd had another type last year that was almost 2 years of thinking about and fighting it. I thought I'd given it more than enough time to occupy my thoughts. So have just been concentrating on getting over the side effects and getting my overall life and health back. All good news. Chemo and radiation side effects are gone so far as I can tell. Have lost the weight I gained during treatment. But when they tell you steroid weight is hard to lose they aren't kidding. Back to drawing and painting which had gotten somewhat lost in the shuffle. Overall feeling good and optimistic about upcoming P. E. T. scan. Hope all of you are also. Now I'm going to read what I've missed on here during my cancer thinking boycott. God bless all of you. 

Judy M. 

Thanks for the update Judy.  I love good news-----tumor shrunk and no spread outside lungs. 

Please update again next month with more good news with your PET scan.

Donna G

Me again. Just noticed I posted in the wrong group. I have NSCLC. Plus I'm a technological idiot. Lol. If you don't believe me just ask Tom. And the chemo brain is gone so can't blame that either... at least I don't think I can. 

Judy M. 

Judy,

Welcome back! Your ITIQ is just fine.  I really enjoyed reading your blog  and in fact had a lengthy discussion with a radiation oncologist about your treatment at a conference on Saturday.

Take a break.  You earned it!

Stay the course.

Tom

Tom

Of course now I'd like to know the radiation oncologist's thoughts on my treatment. It was different. From what I've read even a bit different than the usual S. B. R. T. schedule. If there is such a thing yet. There seem to be differing opinions on that. Got a copy of my treatment plan from my own radiation oncologist and am keeping it with my records. 

Judy M. 

Archived