Hair loss

Kimi

I have finished chemo for lung cancer three months ago and now my hair is falling out. Has that happened to anyone else that long after chemo?

Kimi

I had Cisplatin/Alimta chemo. Was told by Oncologist I wouldn't lose my hair. A chemo nurse informed me I probably wouldn't lose all of my hair, but it could begin to get thinner with later treatments. And it did. Began to lose more hair than usual after my 3rd round of chemo. What surprised me was that this continued to occur off and on for about 3 months. Someone told me once my taste buds returned to normal I'd also probably stop losing hair, but I didn't. Haven't lost extra for about 3 weeks now so hoping that's over with. Thankful I didn't lose all of my hair. Still have enough to cover my head. But the texture has also changed. It's finer and has less body than before chemo. I think it's like other things. Everyone is different. What flavor of chemo are you having? 

Judy M. 

Kimi

That kind of makes sense to me because my own hair loss with Cisplatin/Alita has been odd. The good news I guess is that I've only lost about 1/3 of my hair to the thinning and my hair was thick when I started. Hope yours just thins a bit also. My only advice would be to use gentle shampoo and not do a lot of scalp scrubbing. That seemed to make even more come out. 

Judy M. 

Kimi

I was originally diagnosed as stage 4. Later changed to stage 3 with no letter after it. I had 1 tumor in my left lung about 2 or 3 centimeters and 2 in my right lung both less than 1 centimeter. No spread elsewhere, was confined to my lungs. I had my last chemo on Aug. 3rd.

Judy M. 

Archived