Debra Wiley

Hello, I'm Debra and was diagnosed with Stage 4 Lung Cancer with plural infusion resulting in terminal cancer. I was diagnosed a year and 4 months ago which is a miracle because they expected me to survive less than 6 months unless the chemo responded. This cancer has very prognosis and my health status prior to my diagnosis is fairly poor.  I also have a serious digestive disease that required the removal of my colon, rectum, anus and part of my small intestine. 

I had decided not to do any research or join any discussion boards on cancer because of the enormous amount of research I had done on my digestive disease.  I know one thing everyone needs to connect with others who are living with similar diseases. I also want to spread awareness about the anticancer method that no one tells you.  Why? because the medical industry doesn't profit from this information.

Debra

I'm sorry about your iillbess and prognosis. None of us knows how long we have to live, so I aim to live the best I can each day. My lung cancer was Stage 1 and diagnosed last year. In 201 I had a rare and advanced gynecologic cancer with a "dismal prognosis" (quoting my medical oncologist). I had extensive and at times difficult treament and have no evidence of disease almost 7 years later. For the first couple of years I thought I wouldn' t live long, but I proved myself and my doctor wrong!

I wish you all the best today

Bridget O

Hi Debra,

I am glad you found us!  There are several other Stage 4 survivors that I am sure you will hear from soon.  My mom has had a pleural effusion since her lobectomy in 2015.  She's had to have it drain a few times and we have figured out if it gets worse, it's usually a sign that something else is going on.  Have you had any troubling side effects of the pleural effusion or had trouble managing it?

Archived