Sign in to follow this  
LaurenH

2018 National HOPE Summit in Washington, D.C.

Register now for the 8th National HOPE Summit, an educational, inspiring, empowering survivorship conference for anyone impacted by lung cancer!

The conference will be held at the Washington Marriott Georgetown in Washington, D.C. from Friday, April 27 - Sunday, April 29, 2018.

In addition to lung cancer survivors, caregivers and medical professionals wanting to learn more about lung cancer survivorship are also welcome to register. All conference sessions will be geared toward those who have been diagnosed with lung cancer. The COPE Summit full-day session on Sunday will be geared toward lung cancer caregivers/care partners.

A limited number of travel grants will be available for lung cancer survivors attending HOPE Summit for the first time who have financial hardship.The travel grant application opens on January 8, 2018. You can also fundraise to help cover the cost of attending the conference via the Survivor Challenge!

For more information and to register, visit the 2018 National HOPE Summit website.

18880331_1305219766198769_8143441020476580375_o.jpg

Hi, Augie,

Yes, HOPE Summit is an incredible weekend! People who attend have told us that they feel inspired, empowered, informed, and connected after coming to HOPE Summit. National HOPE Summit is held in Washington, D.C. and we are also planning smaller regional HOPE Summits across the country. You can find more information on LUNGevity's website. Feel free to ask questions! Many of the members in this community are HOPE Summit Alumni!

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

I was debating about going--mainly because my treatment/recovery has been so uneventful.  But I'm not that far away (about a 2.5 hour drive), and I figured it would be a nice chance to meet some of the lovely folks here.

I found an AirBNB about 5 minutes' walk from the hotel--it's a bit cheaper (in DC, it's the hotel taxes that kill ya) and I can pay for parking at the hotel.  

Will look forward to meeting up with some of you!

Teri

Hi Lauren, I was wondering if there are any flyers or handouts about the HOPE Conference that we can order to put in local Cancer Center and Onc's office to let others know about the conference?  Thanks.

Su Su

On 2/27/2018 at 12:58 PM, Su Su said:

Hi Lauren, I was wondering if there are any flyers or handouts about the HOPE Conference that we can order to put in local Cancer Center and Onc's office to let others know about the conference?  Thanks.

Su Su

Hi, Su Su,

Yes! I am attaching a printable flyer. Please let me know if you'd like me to mail you some postcards as well! You can email me at lhumphries@lungevity.com with the shipping information.

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

flyer_DCHS2018.pdf