Mally

Mally

Well first dose of opdivo done now to wait to see if any side effects but the nurse said side effects are not that common so fingers crossed and im getting a port put in after my next infusion ...anyone got experience with Opdivo ?

• 2 weeks later...

Judy you mentioned the amount of opdivo you were getting so i asked today about this and im getting 360 mls because the nurse said itz 3 mls per kilo of body weight and as you can see im hefty 120kgs even though im 5 foot 10 tall so you must be a skinny minny ?

3 hours ago, Mally said:

Judy you mentioned the amount of opdivo you were getting so i asked today about this and im getting 360 mls because the nurse said itz 3 mls per kilo of body weight and as you can see im hefty 120kgs even though im 5 foot 10 tall so you must be a skinny minny ?

Mally

No, not exactly a skinny minny.  I weigh 143 lb. But I'm only 5' 5 1/2" tall. My weight increased some during chemo. Probably the steroids. Other than that I weigh about what I did before this whole thing started. Thanks for getting that info for me. At least we're both getting a break from side effects. And a 1 hour infusion every 2 weeks feels like a rest to me after having either multiple tests, treatments, and doc visits or continuous side effects every week. Hope this stuff does the job for us. 

Judy M. 

Its a breeze compared to chemo but just hope it works and i meant to ask the nurse when ill get a scan but from what ive read its after the first 4 infusions 

Mally

My doc said he'd scan after 4 infusions. But they told me and I've also read that when Opdivo works it can actually appear to make tumors grow at first. So, if I see some growth at first won't get too upset. 

Judy M

Archived