New

Gerri

I am new here and new to cancer. Diagnosed 6 months ago and sometimes I feel so alone and even though I do ask my Doctor questions, I would still like to talk to others that are on the same journey.

Hi, Gerri, and welcome!  There are some great folks here with a lot of collective wisdom, experience, and support to share.

If you want to tell us a bit more about your diagnosis and treatment, stage, etc., as well as sharing anything else you'd like, feel free.  I'm pretty new, myself--I was diagnosed and had treatment in July.  I was fortunate that mine was early stage, but I still get nervous when I go for my followup scans!

I still have trouble sharing a lot and I am hoping being here will get me comfortable enough to do that. Had an accident July 4th that sent me to hospital for a scan and found out I had lung cancer that went to liver. After starting treatments found out the cancer went to my spine. Have had chemo,  radiation and now auto immune therapy. It seems like all I have is fear and I know there has to be other emotions to experience, just can't seem to find them.

Welcome from me, too  I understand feeling alone with this disease. I'm glad that you were able to share with us some information about your cancer. This forum is a great place to find information, support and hope. Please share when you feel comfortable and let us know how we can support you.

Bridget O

I'm sure all of that has been pretty daunting for you. I don't have experience with metastasis or treatments other than surgery, but there are a lot of folks here who have gone through experiences similar to yours and are doing quite well.  One thing I've noticed in dealing with this and other scary situations in my life--talking about them with people who "get it" is great for dialing down the anxiety and fear.

Glad you're here with us.

Welcome, Gerri. You will find many others here who have walked the same cancer path as you. The members here are incredible.

Let us know how we can help you. We understand the nastiness of this disease.

Archived