Treatment issues

Lisa66

Hi everyone,

Hope all of you are feeling well today. The last appointment was not an oncologist, he was the pulmonologist. Today is actually first oncologist visit. He has stage 3 matastisis squamous cell carcinoma of the lung. He has 3cm tumor on right upper lung a lymph node deep in the middle and a lymph node near left collarbone. They say eighteen months without treatment and two years with treatment. It is inoperable and they want to do 6 weeks of Taxol and carboplatin and then 3 weeks of the same.I asked about targeted treatment and was told that was the pet word of the day and yes there was some actual targeted therapies but none that worked on squamous cancer. 

Just want anyone’s opinion about the drugs to be used.

Lisa,

In treatment, I had a total of 18 infusions of Taxol and Carboplatin.  My first 6 were in combination with conventional radiation.  The last 12 were given alone.  All were successful in knocking down my tumors but I did suffer a recurrence and the troubling tumor was zapped by CyberKnife radiation therapy.

Target Therapy applies to adenocarcinoma.  Immunotherapy can treat Squamous cell.  Ensure you ask the oncologist about immunotherapy and squamous cell, either alone or in combination with Taxol and Carboplatin.

Stay the course.

Tom

Archived