Sundays Air.

eric byrne

Hi Everyone,

Its been quite a while since I posted here,in fact so long i have quite forgotten basic posting requirements.Hope I have managed to find the Forum Just for Fun?

I wish everyone going to the Hope Summit 2018  will have a  wonderful time ,meeting up with old and new friends,learning something new, sharing experiences ,not forgetting oodles of uplifting experiences,love to come myself but circumstances prevent me this year.

Lots of changes for me on my side of the pond,becoming a grandfather to my daughter Jennifer and Chris's, son Orion, he is now 17 months old and is a real joy to see growing and developing.Liz and I are moving from our current house in Morningside Newmains to a lovely bungalow in a beautiful part of Scotland called Lanark,no more climbing stairs.The week following we are off to my holiday home in Albir Spain ,looking forward to a welcome break from Scotlands winter Brrr.My sister Irene and husband Pat will be joining us.They were joining us last October too but about one week before our departure Pat was dxd with Prostate Cancer,it was of a type that required immeadiate attention so his holiday was cancelled to have surgery instead.The good news was the surgery was a complete success and he has made a full recovery,looking forward to his Albir break,its his round by the way.

My very best wishes to all here at LCSC I do hope you are well and enjoying life.To those who are going through treatment I wish you every success for a complete recovery.Special greetings to Tom Galli,you know I am in awe of this guy,he is such a wonderful support to all lung cancer survivors with his insight,experience and empathy.

Bye for now,

Eric .

Thank you Tom,if you are not doing anything special on the 9th of March you are invited to join me in the housemoving LOL,in Scotland we call it a Flitting.

Best Wishes

Eric.

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎26 at 2:28 AM, eric byrne said:

Thank you Tom,if you are not doing anything special on the 9th of March you are invited to join me in the housemoving LOL,in Scotland we call it a Flitting.

Best Wishes

Eric.

Must be moving closer to Glasgow.  lol

Hi Bruce,What a pleasure to hear from you,my Yellowknife friend,gosh its been quite a while since I have heard from you.How are you?,think you moved from Yellowknife though?.Do give me a wee update on what your are doing with yourself.

Hi Robert,Nice to hear from you,hope you are well?.Glasgow was my hometown,born and raised there in a district called Springburn,which was famous up until the early 1960s for the manufacture of steamtrains that were exported all over the world.Unfortunately diesel and electric trains came online and made steamtrains obsolete.There are a few still running in Scotland on private railway tracks .I highly recommend to you the Jabobean which runs  from Fort William to Glenfinnan,you can see it crossing the viaduct in the Harry Potter films.Lanark is equi-distant from Glasgow  in relation to where I am living in Morningside,Newmains.We are actually downsizing our home from detached 3 bedroom to 3 bedroom bungalow,thinking about our old age in 20 or so years time LOL,to avoid climbing stairs.Lanark is a lovely town set in the Lanark Valley which is very beautful,lots of garden centres and restaurants very popular with tourists.We also have the Robert Owen world heritage site in New Lanark.Its an amazing building built a couple of centuries ago its a hugh cotton mill factory set up by Robert Owen who was an philantrophic industrialist who provided work for hundreds of people,he also provided them with houses,schools, hospitals and shops everything to care for his employees and their families,he was a visionary way ahead of his time,do come over and see for yourself,I would be happy to show you around my favourite parts of Scotland,mind to see it all you would have to stay for a couple of years.

Bye,

Eric.

3 hours ago, eric byrne said:

Hi Robert,Nice to hear from you,hope you are well?.Glasgow was my hometown,born and raised there in a district called Springburn,which was famous up until the early 1960s for the manufacture of steamtrains that were exported all over the world.Unfortunately diesel and electric trains came online and made steamtrains obsolete.There are a few still running in Scotland on private railway tracks .I highly recommend to you the Jabobean which runs  from Fort William to Glenfinnan,you can see it crossing the viaduct in the Harry Potter films.Lanark is equi-distant from Glasgow  in relation to where I am living in Morningside,Newmains.We are actually downsizing our home from detached 3 bedroom to 3 bedroom bungalow,thinking about our old age in 20 or so years time LOL,to avoid climbing stairs.Lanark is a lovely town set in the Lanark Valley which is very beautful,lots of garden centres and restaurants very popular with tourists.We also have the Robert Owen world heritage site in New Lanark.Its an amazing building built a couple of centuries ago its a hugh cotton mill factory set up by Robert Owen who was an philantrophic industrialist who provided work for hundreds of people,he also provided them with houses,schools, hospitals and shops everything to care for his employees and their families,he was a visionary way ahead of his time,do come over and see for yourself,I would be happy to show you around my favourite parts of Scotland,mind to see it all you would have to stay for a couple of years.

Bye,

Eric.

ERIC

Was born and lived in Glasgow till 1975 mostly East side before coming to Canada.

Hi Eric,

Some of my ancestors were from Scotland, emigrated way many years ago. They came from Glasgow on a boat around  Cape Horn.I  suspect, but haven't confirmed, that they were from around Lanark, since that's where a lot of Bairds were. So if you run into any Bairds, say hi from cousin Bridget across the pond.LOL.

Bridget O

Hi Robert,What a small world,imagine you from Glasgow,we Scots get everywhere.Where abouts are you in Canada?.I visited a friend in Toronto a few years back when I did my USA Amrak tour.I kept a diary of that journey of 7 weeks along with photographs that i shared with all my friends.You can still read it if you google Travelling Eric.

Best Wishes ,

Eric.

Hi Bridget,Pleased to meet you,Another Scot?I will say hello to your cousin and namesake Bridget Baird if I do bump into her.I never visited got to visit Oregon on my previous USA visits,something to add to my bucket list.

best Wishes,

Eric.

12 minutes ago, eric byrne said:

Hi Robert,What a small world,imagine you from Glasgow,we Scots get everywhere.Where abouts are you in Canada?.I visited a friend in Toronto a few years back when I did my USA Amrak tour.I kept a diary of that journey of 7 weeks along with photographs that i shared with all my friends.You can still read it if you google Travelling Eric.

Best Wishes ,

Eric.

Eric

Now retired on Vancouver island, Worked in Ontario ,Manitoba, Bc and Alberta oils sands for twenty five yeaars.

Hi Robert,On my USA Amtrak journey it was my ambition to reach finally Vancouver,I got as far as Seattle and ran out of time.In my primary school our teacher had pinned on the classroom walls photographs of various countries of the world.One of the photographs was of a RCMP,sitting on his horse holding a lance, with a range of mountains in the background and on large letters the word Vancouver,I loved that photograph it was so exotic,I thought one day I will visit Vancouver,well thats another on my bucket list.Gosh so many interesting places to visit so little time,think I really need a lottery win.

Best Wishes 

Eric.

Archived