Wait, Hope, Pray, and Live

Mom of 3

Hi there,

My name is Aileen. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Adenocarcinoma on Feb. 20th. I am still processing that this is all real. I'm waiting for the result from the molecular test to see which treatment would be best for me. Like many stories I've heard, it started with a cough. I actually had to get a TB chest x-ray (something that I've had to do every 4 years) and thought I'd ask my primary to make sure this cough wasn't anything serious. Needless to say, the x-ray wasn't clear this time. In 2014, my chest x-ray was clear. So something had happened in 4 years. I'm not going to contemplate on that but I will take this as a blessing that I had to do the chest x-ray. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gone in to ask about my cough. I'm grateful for finding this online community for support. And look forward to connecting with many of you. 

Hi Aileen

I'm so  sorry to hear that you've been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer. I suspect you'll be processing this for a good long time. It can be very disorienting.  The molecular testing will indeed help with your treatment planning. This site is a good place to find information, support and hope. If you have questions, feel free to ask. And let us know how we can support  you. We're here for you.

Bridget O

Welcome Aileen,

I am very sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. My mom was diagnosed in 2015 and I am still processing the entire situation.  Although none of us were surprised, it still knocked us for a loop.  I hope that your molecular testing supplies some good news so that you have a variety of options to throw at the cancer.  I hope you update us on what your treatment plan is so that all of the folks who have undergone the same treatments can give you their perspective.

Take Care,

Steff

Hi, Aileen.  I'm so glad that you found this site.  I, too, have stage IV adenocarcinoma.  For better or worse, mine is the "plain vanilla" version so I was not eligible for any of the targeted therapies.  However, I have had a couple of rounds of treatment and both have been successful.  

Please let us know how we can help you navigate this path. 

Hi Aileen,

I am sorry that you have been diagnosed with cancer. My dad was diagnosed recently with squamous cell carcinoma. It is very hard to wrap your mind around such news.

I am pretty new here myself, but wish to say welcome. I cannot as of yet give a lot of advice, but there are wonderful people here that can be very helpful.

Best wishes

Lisa

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Aileen,

Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing? Please post an update when you can!

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Archived