New to Group - SCLC Diagnosis - Patient - Survivor

Leo

I’m new to this group. By way of introduction, I am a 64 male, diagnosed on Oct 31,  2017 with Limited Development Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC). Chest CT that followed a bronchoscopy indicated a 3.7 x 3.2 cm lobulated soft tissue mass in the right hilum. No involvement of lymph nodes or Mets. Treatment began Nov 13 /17 with 4 rounds (3 days/round) of Chemo & concurrent Radiation (30 treatments). Treatments ended Jan 17/18. Post Treatment PET/CT indicated complete response. Scheduled for PCI (Prophylactic Cranial Irradiation) to begin Mar 12. 1st round of monitoring tests scheduled for April. Biggest challenge now is trying to distinguish between post treatment side effects versus relapse symptoms. Hope to learn a lot from this group, and contribute where I can. Happy to share. 

Hi Leo,

Welcome! This is a good place to find information, support and hope. It sounds like your treatment has been successful. If you haven't already, I suggest you take a look at the SCLC Group on this site to connect with others wilth small cell. Best of luck with your PCI. Let us know how we can support you.

Bridget O

Leo,

Welcome here.

I am so happy you are surfing your NED -- no evidence of disease.  I do hope your PCI keeps brain mets from forming, a very common symptom in SCLC.  

We hear from relatively few SCLC survivors, fortunately because this form of cancer is not as common as non small cell lung cancer.  But the result is an information gap, so I invite you to share details about your PCI experience for those who may face that procedure in the future.

I've got my fingers crossed for continued NED from your future diagnostics.

Stay the course.

Tom

Archived