14-Year Lung Cancer Survivor Tom Galli Joins LUNGevity Foundation’s Board of Directors

LaurenH

LUNGevity Foundation, the nation’s leading lung cancer-focused nonprofit organization, today announced that Tom Galli, a 14-year lung cancer survivor, retired Lieutenant Colonel of the United States Army, and founder of patent holder company Ingenium Cubed, LLC, has joined the Board of Directors. Galli will lend an indispensable patient perspective while offering his expertise to further LUNGevity’s work of changing outcomes for people with lung cancer.

“Tom’s personal understanding of the challenges that lung cancer patients face will be invaluable as the organization grows,” said Andrea Ferris, CEO of LUNGevity Foundation. “We’re honored to have him join our Board. As a long-time LUNGevity LifeLine mentor to other survivors, as well as a forum moderator for LUNGevity’s online Lung Cancer Support Community, Tom is already a valued member of the LUNGevity family.”

“Being a long-term survivor, I’ve seen the recent changes in options for people diagnosed with lung cancer,” explains Galli. “Scientific progress means new hope for patients, but there is still so much to do. I look forward to working with my fellow Board members to help LUNGevity achieve its vision of creating a world where no one dies of lung cancer.”

Tom Galli’s career in the United States Army and the corporate world spans 45 years and includes a diverse background in civil engineering; tank-automotive system design, development, and manufacturing; contracting; program management; and productivity and business process re-engineering consulting.

Commissioned in the Army Corps of Engineers in 1972 after graduation from University of Dayton, Galli’s military career began with troops in a Combat Engineer Battalion, included managing and directing the Army’s Abrams Tank production contracts and plants and leading initial production manufacturing of the M-9 Armored Combat Earthmover.

After Army retirement, Galli founded Ethell-Galli Consulting International, a civil works and management services consulting firm. He joined Raytheon-E Systems in 1997 where, as Director of Advanced Concepts, he focused on marrying emerging technology with customer needs, gaining a promotion to Six Sigma Director and Champion in 2000.

Galli founded Ingenium Cubed, LLC, a patent holding company. He holds three patents, is a published author, earned an MBA, and is a graduate of the Defense Systems Management College, the Defense Contract Audit Agency Institute, and the Armed Forces Staff College.

Read the full press release.

TomGalli (1).jpg

Congrats Tom! I can't think of a better person to represent those who are battling lung cancer.

Congratulations Tom and you are very deserving of this and Lungevity and all of us survivors are lucky to have you and your knowledge..

Archived