Just finish week 3 chemo and radiation.

PaulaC

Just finished week 3 of radiation and I’m really fatigued. My head is really aching and neck is killing me. 

Question is this normal?  I am doing ok on fluids I could always drink more and food I try to eat. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Paula

Have not had these together, but I had some tiredness with both radiation and chemo. More with chemo than with radiation. Didn't have headaches or neck pain. Stress maybe? You could ask Oncologist about this or perhaps someone else on here has experienced that. Hang in there. 

Judy M. 

50 minutes ago, Judy M. said:

Paula

Have not had these together, but I had some tiredness with both radiation and chemo. More with chemo than with radiation. Didn't have headaches or neck pain. Stress maybe? You could ask Oncologist about this or perhaps someone else on here has experienced that. Hang in there. 

Judy M. 

Thank you Judy M. I think it’s a combo of both the chemo and the radiation. I do see the doc Monday morning so I better get my questions started. 

Paula

Paula,

Normal is a word I avoid using in a discussion about lung cancer. Everyone is different but fatigue after week 3 of combination chemo and daily radiation is typical. In my treatment, weakness during each week after 3 became progressively more noticeable. During my last week, I could hardly walk from the parking lot to the center. 

But, again everyone is different. I’ve known folks with first line combination therapy to just breeze through with almost no debilitating effect.

I hope things go well for your remaining treatments. 

Stay the course. 

Tom

4 hours ago, PaulaC said:

Just finished week 3 of radiation and I’m really fatigued. My head is really aching and neck is killing me. 

Question is this normal?  I am doing ok on fluids I could always drink more and food I try to eat. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Yes I found the fatigue set in on the weekends after the five day cycle. And the biggest surprise for me when the 35 day cycle was finished the fatigue set in big time for two weeks just getting over it now not pleasant, But all seems well now and next round chemo on the 24th of this month.

Bob

5 hours ago, Robert Macaulay said:

Yes I found the fatigue set in on the weekends after the five day cycle. And the biggest surprise for me when the 35 day cycle was finished the fatigue set in big time for two weeks just getting over it now not pleasant, But all seems well now and next round chemo on the 24th of this month.

Bob

Bob, good to hear from you! It’s easier knowing it’s part of the process. I’ve been doing so good than bam I couldn’t get going. 

Take care

Paula

7 hours ago, Tom Galli said:

Paula,

Normal is a word I avoid using in a discussion about lung cancer. Everyone is different but fatigue after week 3 of combination chemo and daily radiation is typical. In my treatment, weakness during each week after 3 became progressively more noticeable. During my last week, I could hardly walk from the parking lot to the center. 

But, again everyone is different. I’ve known folks with first line combination therapy to just breeze through with almost no debilitating effect.

I hope things go well for your remaining treatments. 

Stay the course. 

Tom

Tom, thank you for your response. I was surprised at how fast it hit but it makes it easier to accept knowing it is a possible side effect. 

Take Care 

Paula

7 hours ago, PaulaC said:

Bob, good to hear from you! It’s easier knowing it’s part of the process. I’ve been doing so good than bam I couldn’t get going. 

Take care

Paula

Intresting article on the subject of fatigue. http://chemocare.com/chemotherapy/side-effects/fatigue-and-cancer.aspx

Hi, Paula.  I worked from home during my chemo/radiation stint and by week 3, I was using my "lunch hour" to nap because I was so exhausted.  Hope yesterday's chemo went well.

I’m doing good but Definitely feeling the fatigue.  

Chemo is going good little to no nausea or side effects. 😁I did get my hair cut short but not because I was losing it but I didn’t want to pay when it might fall out. 

Archived