bacchus

Dad diagnosed Stage 4 lung cancer

Bacchus,

Glad to hear your dad is home. It always seems easier to heal when we are at home.  My mom was hospitalized about 1 month into her treatment for lung cancer recurrence. She was there for about 2 weeks.  It was awful and things seems so grim, she was full of infection.  But after she got the infections under control, things got much better.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that even though things may seem really bad when our loved one is in the hospital and/or really struggling, there is always hope.  My mom bounced back after her hospital stay and made it through her initial treatment plan.  It was tough, but she did it.  It is great news that your dad's mass is shrinking from radiation! That's a step in the right direction!  Sometimes that's all we have to hang onto when dealing with all things lung cancer.  But as you have seen by all of the long-term survivors here, there is hope for recovery and living a full life.  Hope you are taking care of yourself (as much as you can) in this stressful time.

Take Care,

Steff