PaulaC

CT scan tomorrow

1 hour ago, Robert Macaulay said:

Paula

Week after my scan I never heard anything till the Doctor called wondering why I never showed for my appointment. lol

Oh wow! Lol

Yep....I am in waiting mode also. CT scan yesterday for radiation planning and PET scan today for post chemo assessment. After surgery, 2/16, I was told I was cancer  free. We'll see. Toes, fingers and eyes crossed for good results for us both.;)

57 minutes ago, Laurel said:

Yep....I am in waiting mode also. CT scan yesterday for radiation planning and PET scan today for post chemo assessment. After surgery, 2/16, I was told I was cancer  free. We'll see. Toes, fingers and eyes crossed for good results for us both.;)

Laurel,  I have everything crossed!

Laurel,

Good luck to you too! Hoping there is NED!!!

Waiting all weekend will be so hard-try to do something fun to take your mind off of it!

Ro

Robert-Yikes, it is unacceptable that you waited and week and then they didn't even know you had shown up for your appointment..Crazy!!!

Ro

19 minutes ago, Roz said:

Robert-Yikes, it is unacceptable that you waited and week and then they didn't even know you had shown up for your appointment..Crazy!!!

Ro

Hi Roz

I was never scheduled after m ct scan and it was my oncologist that called me at home wondering why I did not show for my appointment which I never received. Now I did receice confirmation of my appointment next week. Just a mixup these things happen no harm done but few more days and I would have been on the phone.  lol

1 minute ago, Roz said:

Robert-that explains it! Hope your appointment next week goes well!

Ro

It will she just wants to see me in person prior to starting my new treatment that will last for the next year.

Bob

Good news!!!!   the nodule shrunk from 3.7cm to 1.9cm. The doctor wasn’t as clear about the lymph nodes because of scar tissue from radiation. He said he’s hoping I’ll now be a candidate for surgery. I’ll have a pet scan in 4 weeks, see the surgeon in 5 weeks, than go back to oncologist is 6 weeks. I get a break till than. 

Paula

Yes! I am so thrilled the tumor shrunk😊!  It is nice to have a break from doctors. Time to get healthy.  I hope you have VATS....robotic surgery is less invasive.  Bless you. Sending hugs.

Fantastic!  FWIW, robotic and VATS surgeries are very, very similar.  Just different equipment used.  My own surgeon preferred VATS, his colleague preferred robotic.  My surgeon said sometimes it comes down to which OR is available.  

Enjoy your break!