Newcomer to this site since Wednesday

:? Hi everyone. Thanks for all the messages welcoming me!

I am Donna T. and am Deanna's Mom. She has been on this site for quite a while.I have SCLC diagnosed Jan 17/03 and started chemo treatments

Feb 4/03.very scary business!!.My treatments seem to be working. When I started treatment I was already on Oxygen 24 hrs a day.Now I haven't needed it for about 6 weeks,so that's progress.Also have a lot more energy.I thank God every day for my wonderful daughter,Deanna!! She looks after me so well and did all the legwork in January when I was just too weak even to pick up the phone.

I hope to stay in touch with other Survivors through this site as I feel it is important to be able to express ourselves with others in the same situation.

Hope this is not too long an introductory message. Just wanted to tell you a bit about myself.Thanks :)

Hi there Donna,

I thought I recognized you from Deanna's other pix! Aren't daughters wonderful!!! I don't know what I would have done w/o mine during all my treatments (not knocking sons, mind you, it's just that I only have daughters!)

I'm glad your treatments are working! Do stay in touch. These are special people here. JudyB

Hi Donna,

I'm so glad you joined. I feel as if I already know you and you definitely have a wonderful daughter who is able to lend her support to a lot of us here. You have been an inspiratoin for me in my treatment and have given me hope. So glad to finally meet you.

Jenny

Hi Donna & Welcome!

I'm so happy that your treatments are going well with you & I can only imagine how good it felt to get off the oxygen. Your daughter Deanna is truly one of a kind, I think they must have broke the mould with her! It's nice to finally hear from you & keep up the good fight!!! :D

Guest Tim'sKathy

Welcome Donna !!!! Glad you decided to join us, these people here are the best. I just don't know what I would have done without the support I have found here.

Great news that the treatments are working !

Kathy :D

Hello Donna; and welcome; Yes, it seems that I already know you and you absolutely have a wonderful daughter;

So nice to hear all is going well :lol::lol::lol:

God bless & be well

Bobmc - NSCLC- stage IIB - left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Donna, sorry I'm late, but WELCOME!!! I am a fellow long islander, my dad was dx in Jan 2002 NSCLC. I have read many of Deannas posts, and not only are you lucky to have her for a daughter, but its clear that she is lucky to have you for a mom!!! I think that its SO GREAT that you have decided to join us, I wish my dad would. But, he's a man of few words, so I guess it would be difficult for him to open up here.

Anyway, just wanted to welcome you-and say that I look forward to many more posts by you!!!!!!!!!!!! (not to put any pressure on you or anything :lol: ) Take care, Deb

Hey there Donna!

It's good to finally "hear" your voice. You do indeed have a wonderful advocate in your daughter Deanna; you must be very proud of your family. I am also glad your treatment is going well and you are getting your energy back. Take care,

David P.