My (karma's) dad is online visiting out board

Hi Karma's Dad, I haven't been through chemo and can't imagine how difficult it may be. But please don't give up. We can never know what next week will bring. I've been beat down many times in life to the point that I didn't see any hope, but things aways turned around and I found reasons to smile again. Nobody said life was going to be easy, but as long as we open our eyes in the morning (or afternoon) there is hope. Please take care and keep fightings. It will be worth it.

Well my dad is going to go on Iressa. He is continuing with radiation and he did NOT put a halt to chemo. he is just i think going to take a break for a couple of weeks!! I told him to continue going on here cause it will be good for him to see and talk to other people who are going thru the same thing he is and he can ask questions if he feels weird about something. Thank you all again!!!

This woman at work too who is a breast cancer survivor just gave me a pocket angel to give to me or my dad!! How sweet!!!

Oh Karma,

I'm so happy that you Dad has renewed hope and is going to keep up the battle!! :D:D I was waiting to hear how it went! Thank you for updating us and God bless you and your family! My Mom has angels too that people have given her and she keeps them close by and they really seem to help her! Karma you are a wonderful daughter and an advocate for your Dad. I'm so happy for you and I hope that you have a great weekend! :D:D:D

Give your Mom an extra hug from us for Mother's Day!!

Laurie

Thank you laurie!!!! You are so sweet and right back at you! So i guess with the Iressa he will not be doing chemo, but the option i guess is there for him i guess if he ever wants to go back. Does anyone know you can go back to chemo if you go off Iressa right?

Hi Karma and Karma's Dad,

Oh that is great news that he is going to give this his all! Bless his heart!

I am so very happy for you all!! I don't have any answers for your question regarding Chemo after Iressa! But, I am sure someone here might.

Have a GREAT weekend Sweetpea, and Karma's dad, you have a Great weekend too! My Paryers are with you ALL!!

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

Guest DaveG

To Karma's Dad:

I can relate to what you are going throgh. I had my 1st round of Carboplatin/taxel on Monday. Wednesday and yesterday, and part of today were just plain rotten. Will, I do it again: yeas I most certainly will. When we decided on the chemo, we did it because my wife and want t0 celebrate our 50th anniversary in 18 years. This is not a dream, this is a goal, which we discussed at lentgh with my oncologist, Dr. Schiller. She agrred that it is a doable goal, but one that will carry pain and much downtime. She asked that I reserve to 1st dance at our 50 weedding anniversary celebration for her. When she gets me there, she's got the dance and I will enjoy that dance immensely.

It's all about hope and goals. She believes we can do this, and I am placing my life in her hands. I have also placed my life in His hands, through much prayer and faith.

Hello Father of Karma. What's your name anyway?

I congratulate you on becoming an active participant in the message board conversations, and am glad you are sticking it out with your treatments; some things in life are just worth the extra pain and discomfort - and from what I gather from reading Karma's posts, you couldn't be any prouder of your daughter! We're sure impressed.

I found when I finally discovered this message board last November, after 25 years of dealing internally with my lung cancer survivorship, and not ever having the chance to talk to anyone who has "walked a mile in my shoes", it was like a ton of bricks was lifted off my shoulders. As I spoke with, and read about people going through the same things I had been through, it was like finding a long lost family member - this was home - and it was like I had known all these wonderful people all of my life. Take advantage of the giant pool of knowledge and wisdom that makes up the unique fabric of this message board. Glad you are here, and good luck with your treatments. Take care,

David P.

Thank you don! I hated it growing up. I waited every day for that lady on romper room (not sure if it was just a boston thing) to say my damn name in her mirror...NOPE!!! no stickers, pencils, license plates for my bike, magnets, wall hangings..nothing! My sisters Kim (year older) sandy (year and a day younger..yup i am born Dec. 1st she is Dec 2nd) had some normal names well used by marketing to sell stuff...me nope. I liked to be different so as i got a bit older i could care less. Now, i like having a name not everyone has! I get so excited when it is used in a movie and or show, i probably could name them for you too...haha since it is not used that often...i know someone metioned Tuesday at maury's...the authors wife's name was janine...and spelled the same way..yeah...i think i did a little dance while reading it cause i was like that right...Janine rocks. haha