Should have posted here first.

brm1949

My name's Bruce, from the Buffalo NY area. Was first DX with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma May 2,2002. Had right tonsilectomy which proved to be primary site. Had right radical neck dissection with removal of 33 lymph nodes, 3 tested positive for SCC. In September 2003 lymph node on left side of neck tested positive for SCC. This node was located near the collarbone. They were unable to locate primary for this node but from what I was told, this node involment pointed toward lung cancer. This time no surgery but 7 weeks of chemo, taxol and carboplatin along with 7 weeks radiation, once a day. First ct scan afterward came back negative and also pet scan came back negative. Second ct scan came back positve but the pet scan came back negative. Since the ct scan shows a growth in the left lung apex, I am being set up for a biopsy and possible removal of upper lode. On thursday I will see the surgeon.

Now that's what brought me here. Although I have been fighting this disease for a couple of years, I found that there is always hope. I have learned to live in the moment.

I'm glad that this site exists. It has already given me support even though I've only been here a couple of times. I thank you all for that.

I was a truck driver before all this developed, I'm now pursuing nature photography since I'm on SSD. Was going to go back on the road but I need to be near home for all the doctor appt. and scans and follow-ups.

That's my story, I'm glad your all here, although my prayer would ask that it wasn't necessary for you to be here.

Welcome Bruce,

I love your attitude :D We are all here for you, as well as we know you are here for us. We are a family .. a special family, one that is created out of love, hope, support and at times fear and sadness. We come together for friendship, knowledge, laughs,shoulders to cry on and passing tissues when we have something to celebrate or something to mourn. You have found a wonderful caring site. The VERY best I have found on the net!!! Welcome to our family and be a Brother to all of us !!

Hi Bruce,

Welcome to the best place on the net.Like everybody else I am sorry you had to find us but you did the right thing for sure.You have already been through a lot and still showing that fighting attitude and spirit.Sometimes I start loosing that spirit and I can always come here and get pumped back up.I have never seen a group like this of such wonderful people.They all seem like family to me and I really haven't been here that long.Maybe you can post some of your nature pics once in a while.I find that the photos,gifs,and humor in here do wonders for me.Praying for us all.TBone

Welcome Bruce I am fairly new here and I like what I see great online family, my husband was a truck driver also just retired his last birthday at age 57 August 6 2003 we found out about his cancer on Feb 3 2004 what a shock. He is doing fairly well at this point had 3 weeks of radiation to brain and is on his second round of taxol/carbo. We are going day by day and hoping for the best. Again welcome and our prayers are with you. Charolette

Hello and a Big Welcome to You

Stick around for many years and see how much Love there is here. This is my life line to the wonderful and super folks, where else in the world could you find so much Love and so much help then right here.

It is good to hear from new folks with so many problems, sorry you are here but Enjoy what is offered and you will do just fine.

All of My Prayers are with you Bruce.

Grumpy One Lung (in Michigan)

Stick around for many years and see how much Love there is here. This is my life line to the wonderful and super folks, where else in the world could you find so much Love and so much help then right here.

It is good to hear from new folks with so many problems, sorry you are here but Enjoy what is offered and you will do just fine.

Bruce,

Thanks again for replying to my question, there are so many initials for things, it's a wonder I can keep any of them straight! LOL! Anyhow I too would like to welcome you to our family. I would also like to say, that I don't know what it is, but your picture makes me smile! :):) Anyway, welcome and good luck with the upcoming surgery!

Blessings

Betty