Dean.....

lynne

Sorry that it has been such a long time since I posted. Life has not been easy for several months now.

Dean's condition continued to worsen over the last few months. He went on Iressa, but without any results.

He was admitted to Hospice on the Saturday before Easter and left this earth for a better place on early Sunday morning April 25th.

It has not been easy, but Bethany and I are continuing to get out of bed in the mornings, and trying to continue where our lives left off seven months ago. The older kids are coping as well as can be expected. Our daughter will graduate on May 15th, and she is having a hard time knowing that her dad won't be there to see her graduate from college.

Life goes on....

My prayers will continue for all of you battling this horrible disease!

Lynne

Dear Lynne,

I am glad you are here as here is where you need to be for support. Dean is in a better place and thats in the hands of God. His earthly struggle is over. I am saddened by your news and am praying for you and your daughter. God Bless you.

Jane

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.I can tell by looking at the smile on Dean's face in the photo that he was one proud husband and father and I am sure he is smiling down your dauthter's graduation.May you find some peace and serenity and the strength to carry on.Keep coming back here.We are all here to help in any way that we can.TBone

Dear Lynne,

I am so very sorry for your lose. I will prayer for peace and comfort for your family.

There are unfortunately too many people here that are walking in your same shoes. I am sure they can offer you support and guidance.

Ginny

Lynne:

May God give you, Bethany and your entire family comfort during your loss. Dean is in a better place with no suffering and may you find peace in the wonderful memories you will always cherish. Taking one day at a time seems to help me and some are better than others. Our lives are changed forever when we lose our love ones, but we go on as they would want us to. I miss my dad terribly, but find that I can instill his strength, values and morals in my sons. I'm sure Bethany was inspired during her dad's illness and saw how much courage he had. God Bless!

I'm truly sorry for you and your children. It's not enough that you've had to fight a horrible battle but then to lose your husband anyway, it's hard for me to make sense of that. I can just pray that your daughter will understand that although he isn't there for the graduation itself he was there for everyday leading up to it and for that let her be thankful, which in turn will hopefully lead to God's peace in her heart.

God Bless your family.