my father is gone

shelliemacs

Its 4 am. My father died 1:45 minutes ago at 2:15 am. Tuesday June 8th.

Now Lung Cancer has taken both of my parents 9 months and 23 days apart.

I won't post yet the details because they are not pleasant.

My fight against lung cancer is over, it won, they are both gone now.

lung cancer 2, shelly 0.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH Shelley,

I am so so sorry hon. Words cannot help at this time. My heart is breaking for you.

You did everything you could to make your Mom and your Dad as happy as they could be. You provided both of them the support and love to see them through this awful battle. You were there for them totally.

Your Dad is now with your Mom. Just try to picture them together again, without pain and suffering.

If I could stop the pain you are in I would. You are such a special person and that is because of your parents.

I am so sorry.

You are in my prayers and my thoughts will be with you in the following days and weeks to come.

Love,

Shirleyb

Shelley,

So sorry, you had so much lately, that words may not

cover all my feelings.

They are together now, without any pain and you are

their daughter still and their love for you and your love

for them will never fade away.

Peace be with you in these hard times, will keep you in

my prayers for a long time.

Hugs,

J.C.

Shelly,

My words are totally inadequate at this time. My heart is so sad for you. To lose parent is very difficult - to lose them both within one year to the same disease is just too much.

Sweetie, you know you have my thoughts and prayers to help you find some peace and comfort in the days ahead. Be glad of heart though that you were a kind, caring and loving daughter to both of your parents.

I am so sorry Shelly. You put up a good fight, tried your very best. You were a wonderful daughter and advocate for both your parents and it is something to be proud of for the rest of your life. Shelly 2 Cancer 0

Rochelle

Dear Shelly,

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. You have been a wonderful caretaker and daughter, for that you will be repaid ten fold. Your Dad is at peace and no longer suffering. I hope time will be your friend and allow you to embrace the good times. I'm sure he knew how much he was loved.

Nancy

Dear Shelly

I am soo sorry. Your dad and mom are together now, no more pain and no more suffering, although I know your pain and suffering will continue, I will be praying that God gives you the strength to get through this, and there will be peace for you...XO Cathy

Dearest Shelly

I am so, so, so sorry! Please accept my sympathy.

Much love,

Angie

Fellow LCSC members,

I just got off of the phone with Shelly. I popped on the board this morning quickly and answered a few posts. I did not visit the grieving forum, but I just had this feeling in the pit of my stomach, so I called Shelly. That is when I found out about her father and that she had posted here. She asked me to let everyone know that she is doing o.k. She said that when she posted earlier, she posted out of anger. I do believe now that she sees that her father's pain and suffering are over with and that he is in a better place. However, her pain is still very real. (understandably so) Her father had a really rough time over the last week. Shelly and her sister were both there with their father when he passed. She is thankful for that. Let's continue to rememebr this family in our prayers.

Shelly I know this is a very difficult time for you. I pray that you find peace , I know your Mom and Dad are in peace now. Shelly the next few days will be so hard. Please as soon as you are able spend some time on Shelly and your family . I know your parents are so greatful to have you as their daughter so loving and caring. I know they want you now to find time to rest and recouperate for all of your giving. Donna G

Shelly, I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear Dad, and so very sorry for your double heartbreak----

please know that we are all here for you in your time of need

in deepest sympathy

Shelly,

May God bless you with rest and recovery. I pray you will be comforted by knowing how much you loved and cared for your parents. As does happen on this Board, your struggle became our struggle...so know that you are not alone in your sadness.

Peace to you,

Margaret