trying to deal with life after loss

silkee

Hello,

My name is Tia and I live in Cleveland, OH. My mother passed away after a long struggle with NSCLC in January of this year. She was a big fan of this website and I was wondering if anyone knew here. Her name was Marsha, and she was 62. I moved to Cleveland from Atlanta to take care of my mom during her final days. I had no idea how sick she was until I came home for Christmas in 2003. Her "boyfriend" never gave me any indication that she was deteriorating-long story. But, I'm still so blown away by her death and there are times I feel like I'm going to shatter. I am trying to become very active with ALCASE (www.alcase.org) and I'm hoping that someone can direct me to any local chapters. Thanks.

Tia,

Is it Marsha from Eastlake, Ohio? If so, she's member #45.

Join in, there's support here for those that seek it...

Welcome,

Becky

PS As for the long story with family members/loved ones, aren't they ALL long stories?? 8)

Hello Tia and I'm very sorry about your Mom. Did she go to Metro Hospital for help? My dear friend Bill just passed away last Monday at Malachi House. Maybe you saw him in the Plain Dealer the day before Memorial Day. It was in the Metro section. This past Sunday he was mentioned again in the Metro section of the Sunday Plain Dealer. I sure miss him. Again, I'm very sorry about your Mom. Is she at Holy Cross? My mother is there. She's been gone for 21 years, also my Dad died in '93. They both died of cancer. Prayers and hugs!

Sharon

Hi Sharon. Feel free to post here or in the grieving forum or in the loss forum.

I don't mean to pry, but it may be that your mother deteriorated very quickly. In our situation, my wife taught her classes on Friday and died on Sunday. Had you told me she was going to die two hours before she did I wouldn't have believed it. So it may not be as sinister as it appears. Just wanted to throw that in.

Regardless, welcome. I hope you will grieve with us as much as you are comfortable. We drag each other along this long road.

Curtis

Dear Tia,

So sorry to hear of your mother's death. How hard it must be for you to deal with it coming up as it did. I just hope that it was fairly easy for her. Please keep coming back with any questions or needs that you have...we're all in this together.

Ellen

Dear Tia,

I don't know how I missed this message, but some how I did. Oh My God! Not our Marsha, not my Polka Queen Buddy! She lost her battle? I am soooooooooo sorry Tia, I had NO idea she wasn't doing well, she never said anything that would lead me to think she was that bad. Oh she and I had some funny chit chats and oh how she loved Polka Music.

I am soo sorry my dear. Please know I thought your mom was a wonderful, loving and caring friend. I will miss her. I am so sorry you had to find out the way you did. But, I am glad you were able to spend time with your mom before she passed away.

Feel free to contact me if you wish to chat at: morcon@mouseplay.com

God Bless, and thank you for sharing this information with us.