So, I'm replying to a post, and it gets me wonderin'...

Debaroo

My parents wanted a boy and my name was to be "Patrick", but I disappointed in being a girl , hence "Patricia", (Pat for short.) Later in life when I went to work in a drafting office , there were four other Patricia's working there. "Trish", "Pat," "Patricia" and "Tish" were taken and so I was promptly christened "Paddy".

When my husband met me he introduced me to his family, (who still live in Africa,) as Paddy and then proceeded to call me Pat for the rest of my life. So, I'm Pat to my side of the family and Paddy to his. Most of the people in my adopted country call me Pat. I must say it is nice to be called this "softer" version of Pat again.

Paddy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my oldest daughter ( 8 yrs.) was 3 she named everyone in her family ending with an "X.

Husband Greg became Grix

My name Kim became Kimix

Oldest (8 yrs.) Alexandra became Alex

Samantha (6 yrs.) became Samix

Gregory (4yrs.) is also Grix

For some reason Grix stuck with me. Kinda silly!!

Take care.

Kim

Oh I love this post! Mine is a bit boring too. Last name, first initial. I am still a newlywed so am still getting used to my "new" last name, Laber. My husband still calls me by my maiden name-but only when he's mad at me :lol: In fact he rarely calls me by my first name (Larissa)--he and all of my friends call me Ris. The only people who call me by Larissa are my parents and people I work with!

The breathtaking beauty of October's falling leaves....wisdom to see the transformation through new eyes...grace to accept both the gift of the moment and that which I cannot change in days to come...Octobergrace.

Icing on the cake: I was born in October, 1955. And, I love the thought of Grace in all contexts...spiritually, ethically, descriptively, associated with old fashioned civility like Southern Grace and Ladylike Grace (which are neither all good nor all bad concepts), Graceland, gracious, graceful and, most of all, Grace to accept the things I cannot change....

Great post!

Well it's my turn but afraid not to interesting. My mom named me Norma after a movie star with the last name of Shear I believe. However, she always called me Norme. So all my life, if someone called me Norme, i knew they talked to mom. Not to many left who call me that anymore so I thought i would sign on in her memory for she to passed on to Rainbow Bridge because of lc.

My Buddy always had nicknames for everyone. I was Sweetie, our son was Ace when he was small and everyone on his baseball team back then called him Ace. Funny how one person can change a person's name. He was born James.

My Buddy's name was Robert and named after his dad so therefore they needed a nickname so it turned out to be Buddy. I sure wish I could find a 78 record called My Buddy or something like that. It went like "the nights are long, since you went away, I think of you, all through the day, my Buddy. I love that song but not sure of the name to go search for it...if anyone know, tell me the name.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

:D

You may have to copy and paste this to your browser. Be sure to wrap it. Amazon features it but you buy it from a dealer not Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 091260937/

sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-2118645-8520736

If it doesn't work, go to http://www.amazon.com and under search choose music and then "Modern Cocktail Party"

Cat

This is fun! Mine is also very boring. Rachel is my real name. my brother often called me Rach & I use Tugboat Annie on some web sites but it is rather long. My Mum used to call me that when I worked on the tugs here in Alaska. My Mum wanted me to be Rebecca , but, Dad won out with Rachel. :D

Jane: I agree with you taht Fall is the best season. I was brought up in Maine & often climbed to Tuckermans Revine to see the foliage.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

When I got my first computer and got on AOL, every name I could think of -except my name or initials- was already taken. While sitting there trying to get AOL set up my wife was playing with the dog. She told him that I just didn't care about him anymore,and that I had replaced him with my computer. My reply was "I love my dog too". That is when it dawned on me. I had my Username. I put the 2 to it to make it stand out. I have continued to use it now for 7 years.

I saw Dean Carls Post and got seriously scared for a minute. :shock: My Birth Name Is Sacher Meissner. :lol: My adopted name is Randal S Wallin. 8) Therefore RandyW ; My wife always called me POOH BEAR!!!! :cry:

Mine seems simple (and it is) but there's a story behind it.

My best friend in highschool was also "Melissa" so we had to figure out a way that we both weren't answering when someone would call for us. We went by our first names, Melissa, and our middle initials...mine is K...for...well...Kay! LOL Hers is Anne.

As time passed I went back to being "Missy" after years of thinking it made me sound "too young" (HA!) and we shortened her Melissa to "Missa". Now we're Missy and Missa...but the Missy K stuck. Most of the time I used (for various other sites) missyk1975...just add the year I was born!

This was FUN!! It was GREAT to read everyone's stories!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

This has been a rough few weeks. I read thru most of these old posts and hated reliving the passing of so many who had posted here.

I on the other hand am so glad to have gotten to know them AND realize that alot of us are still here.

Darrell had a post on SCLC about the 'roller coaster' we are on. It has been one-

Hope you all cont to post how you got your names.

Cindy

Update-mine is because I miss signing the RN after my name at work so here I get to see it alot.

:D

We've used rogfam for every handle since we got a computer years ago! Our last name being Rogers, it stands for rogers family. :)

As for a real nickname, my sister, being younger than me, couldn't say Christy, she said kiki, so my dad called me Kiki for the longest.

When I worked at the preschool for a little while, Payton, who was two, called Miss Titi :D , and she called the other lady I helped, who's name was Karla, Miss Caca! :D

When I first came to this site about 7+ years ago (actually it was a different site back then)....for some reason there were multiple "Kerry's". Odd because I haven't been around many Kerry's (spelled that way) during my lifetime. Anyway, there was a Kerry and then a Kerry-initial or something, so I figured that I'd join the club - and became I "KerryToo".

This is fun ... I haven't posted in awhile (it's been a bad year) but I do visit and read a few times every week.

When I was in grade school my brother (who is one year older) gave me a nickname that he taunted me with constantly!!! The nickname was "Beanie Boo" and I HATED IT (although I'm not sure why I hated it so). Anyway, my family has always referred to me since as Beanie for fun (at least they dropped the Boo part). I guess I finally got over it in my mid thirties and now being in my early 40's I often use it a username online since my real name (Brenda) and all the other usernames I try are taken!

Brenda a.k.a. Beanie (without the Boo)

Well, mine is not too exciting either. My son's name is Bauner and he was born in 1995. I did not think people would use Bauner way back when I first started on the internet, but someone had, so I added his birth year. Now he is setting up accounts online and he asked me just the other day, Mom, what should I make my user name because you already took mine. I hadn't really thought of that when I did it, but it is too late now. I have been bauner95 for almost 12 years.