Hi, I am shelliemacs sister

katiedid

Shelly has told me stories about everyone of you. She also said that many of you are praying for me. She is the best sister you could ever ask for. I feel bad putting her through this one more time. I am glad you have all been so supportive to her. I look forward to posting to everyone of you.

Hi Katiedid,

Welcome!! We have heard all about you and Shelly is a brave and compassionate person. She has had some rough roads and was pretty devasted when she got the news about you. My Sister had breast cancer last year and was staged 2b. She had a double masectomy but only because she chose to not have the risk in the other breast. Lymph nodes were also involved. She was 39 then. She is a year and 1/2 after dx and is doing super in complete remission. Of course she worries but dont we all? I believe in my heart she will be fine. She does exactly what the DR tells her to do and pays close attention to what is good for her. I am praying that you have the treatments neccasary and then also go into remission. It's time your family gets a break!! I am also praying for Shelly too!! Please feel freee to visit the other forums and share what you like. We are all glad that you are here and also glad Shelly told you so much about us. Prayers for you and Shelly.

God Bless You Both,

Jane

Well big sister, Its about time you come on line to meet all of my extended family members. They have been my life savers since we lost mom and dad and not they are carrying me again while you fight your own battle against this damn disease.

You will find more compassion and genuine warmth here then anywhere else. It takes people hit with or by cancer to help others through the emotions and all of my family here will get you through as well.

Thank you for being there with me yesturday during my surgical visit. I will do everything I can to make you well. I need someone to grow old with and I choose you.

Hi Katie,

I'm fairly new myself (well officially anyway) and am just getting to know everyone here. It's just great that we now get to know you better too - just wish it didn't have to be that way.

By the way, there's another thread going on how we chose our user names. I can't help but wonder if yours might have anything to do with your sister. Your user name just took me back and gave me a laugh thinking about the standard response from me and my sisters when someone broke something... "Not me! (Sister's name) did it! :lol:

Katie,

So glad you have come to join us. Shelly is such a cheerleader for all of us - I don't know what we would do without her. Having gone through so much heartache yet she is still able to be such a positive influence and I look forward to her new little picture each day - it makes me smile every time~~~

My prayers are with you that you will come out of this cancer journey with flying colors. Take care of each other.

Love and hugs,

Nancy

Hi Katie,

Just a note to say welcome and that our prayers are with you and your whole family, your sister must truly love and care for you, and to know that you have someone like this in your corner can only help to see you through this. Although we can't be with you as a group in person, be assured that each of us are with you in spirit and in prayer, if you need to talk or simply vent we are only an e-mail away.

In Christ,

Greg

Katie,

Chiming in here with Gail to offer any kind of help you need. As a breast cancer survivor as well, we've been through it and know that, while it is trying, it is very, very manageable and I have a firm belief that you will be just fine and sail through the treatment involved. Please PM with any questions now or at any time along the way.

Cindy

Hello Katie,

Welcome, and do not be a stranger,

we all love Shelley and ready to do the same with you.

I have bc since 1999, if you have any question just PM me,

I am doing fine and passed my 5 years mark without

treatment or medication except radiotherapy.

Prayers going fo both of you, time have been very hard,

but there is always a rainbow somewhere, it is your turn.

J.C.

Katiedid!

We are sooo happy you decided to be one of the family! May I extend my condolances to you on your recent loss. Shellie is well loved by everyone here as I am sure you will be too! Any way Hugs and a Happy Dance going out to you for being here!

Blessings

Betty

Katie,

Welcome to the board. Yes, your sister has been keeping us up to date on your problem. She is a great sister . I just wanted to say that I have 5 friends with breast cancer and they are all past the 5 year mark and doing well. I hope you have an easy time and that 5 years from now you will post again about your celebration.

Nina