David A

I have just read this devastating news. David's posts were always so cheerful, even in the face of such suffering. He was a courageous man and will be so missed on this board. My heartfelt sympathy to his wife and boys. Prayers going out to you tonight and in the coming days.

Paddy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is too much...I will miss Davids jokes, making fun of DaveGr's "dog", I will miss the exchanges that I have read with total amusement between David and some of his verbal jousting partners (Ry and Snowflake in particular).

All I can think of to say is that when I think of DavidA I will be sure to take a break, and ASAP (always say a prayer).

I am so sorry-for Davids family and many friends-so very, very sorry.

David, reading your posts you have made me laugh so hard I've cried (thank you for that), right now I'm crying because I will miss you so much, and I know how many others will miss you so much.

I think I'll browse through your old JUST FOR LAUGHS posts, and remember...ASAP.

Take care David, Take care...deb

To David A's family,

David has been here since I found this board. He was one of the first to respond to my first post. His sense of humor was wonderful and his love of life was so evident. He loved his family...his wife and boys...all of you. And he was loved here so very much. I am so very sorry to hear about this. I so hoped he would be posting by tomorrow about how he was recovering. He will be missed by all of you I am sure and by all of us as well. If we loved him so much, I can't imagine how hard it is on all of you. Please know that you are in my prayers and that I wish you strength to endure the next few weeks.

I am still in shock. This is a blow to all of us.

Nina

I feel like someone has just knocked the wind out of me. Maybe it is the loss of all the excitement, energy, good humor and caring that David always brought to this board. It just does not seem possible....

My heartbroken condolences go out to all his family. You will all be in my prayers.

God has added an another soul to His choir.

He was so full of life and laughter. We loved having him here on the boards. I know we are all cyber friends but I am closer to some of these people than I am to some of my 'real life' friends. David will be so missed.

Love Cindy

I'm devastated, like everyone else, by David's loss. He fought so hard, against his own demons and then against this dreadful disease. I'm convinced that his fight was not in vain -- he may have lost this particular battle but the fight will go on and his story will be an inspiration to others to keep on. He had an unusual combination of traits, his down to earth nature, his forthright honesty, his humour and, of course, his undying loyalty to those Pistons. I'm sorry I never got to meet him but like everyone else feel I really knew him through his posts.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family who, I'm sure, will go on to make him proud. There is an expression in the Jewish faith when someone dies -- May his memory be a blessing -- I know his memory will be a blessing to his family and will help them get through this terrible period and enable them to go on in the spirit and direction that would have made him proud.

Ellen

I've had a hard time making myself get on the board lately, and when I do, I find this absolutely horrible news. Like everyone else, I am simply shocked beyond words. May David's family find peace in the days, weeks, months, and years ahead.

As TBone would say,

Praying for us all,

TeeTaa

Perhaps David sensed his departure, by the sound of his last post. It just will not be the same without him. I will miss his sense of humor. David had the ability to make everyone laugh. He made us forget about cancer for a while. We all needed that! He lived life fully to the end. That is the way I want to go out. David didn't let this disease stop him from enjoying life. I am so sorry for his wife and boys. Please accept my condolences.

Cheryl and Jack

I've just returned from vacation and heard the shocking and horrible news that we've lost DavidA. To David's family: My heart goes out to you. You can see how much we all loved David here, and we will miss him so much, but your loss is hard to imagine. I like to think of DavidA greeting his beloved dog at the Rainbow Bridge, and then turning to see so many others he's loved there to greet him. I'm so sorry for your loss, and for ours. As TBone always said,

Praying for us all,

BeckyCW

I am in total shock. I got back from vacation and found out about Davids passing last night. I have been trying to figure out what to so here in my post. My prayers and condolences are with Davids family. We all loved him here. He was always there for me and we had a few laughs comparing our "younger days". David will be missed tremendously. He was taken away from us way too early in his life and in the life of his family. I wish I could have met him in person and shook his hand. He was a good man who loved his family and all of us here. Again, my prayers are with Davids family.

David C

I too have been away for awhile, and was shocked to read about David. He will be truly missed. Prayers for comfort and healing for his family.

Faylene