Uggggg

jaydlott

I can't believe it's been 6 weeks since I was at this site last. I've made 6 trips to colorado in the past 2 months so I guess there is a good reason. My mom had her CT two weeks ago, the liver is still infested with cancer, it's now in her spine, but the golf ball tumor on her lung is gone. Their solution is chemo for the rest of her life. I am so sick of doctors who give you only one solution and they know that the end is only a few months (per their own reports), but they make it sound like my mom will make it another year so she keeps up with the chemo. I'm a forensic accountant and don't buy into to the only form a treatment scheme of things especially when one treatment is $9,000. There is way too much money to be made in cancer patients for doctors and pharmaceutical companies to be truthful to the patient who is the one who has to throw up for the next two months. My brother had a gut full as well, the one that is helping out financially. He found an alternative cancer treatment center. Has anyone heard of the oasis center in mexico? At this point in my moms life, her options are chemo forever while throwing up and poising her body, being so weak that she sleeps 16 hours per day, taking amizil for $40 a pill all the while you throw it up before it works, or taking a different approach with other forms of therapy that have hire success rates. At this point, a three day chemo session such as the one for her this week is already running $27,000, yet the Oasis center for a 6 week therapy treatment is only $20,000, we already know the chemo is only prolonging the inevidable. By the way, my sister is helping more, but one sister and one brother will never change! At least now it's 3 to 2...... :)

Thanks for listening

Julie

The only thing I know of the Oasis Center is that they run large full-page ads for their center in Alternative Medicine Magazine.

I have heard good things about the Cancer Centers of America (in Tulsa, I think) and a few board members have gone there.

I wish I could be more help, but please know that my prayers are with your mother and pray that she finds the right chemo combination to stop the cancer in it's tracks.

Heather

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Oasis of Hope is the best known alternative clinic as far as I can tell.

If I had the money, that's where I would go.

But that's just my opinion based on what I've read about them and on their site. I don't KNOW. They just seem the most together and much of what they say makes sense. I understand you fly to San Diego and they meet you and take you there. I've heard the rooms are beautiful. $20,000 for 6 weeks? Maybe I'll cash out my pension plan.

Cat

P.S. On U.S. income tax - can you put down expenses for alternative meds or clinic?